Stalkers, Secrets and Lies - Chapter 20

Chapter 20

He looked at me with his hand on the door handle, oh God please let this go ok! I felt sick with nerves, I could feel my hands shaking lightly. Ethan squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"I'm ok." I whispered.

He nodded and opened the door. Johnny was sitting on the sofa playing playstation, when the door opened he looked up and grinned happily. I quickly dropped Ethan's hand as Johnny jumped up.

"Hey babe." he chirped coming over leaning down to kiss me, I turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead of my mouth. He pulled back frowning, "Everything ok?" he asked looking at me curiously.

I shook my head, "Um no Johnny, I need to talk to you." I said my voice shaking slightly.

He gripped my hand looking at me worriedly as he pulled me into the lounge away from Ethan. "Ok what's up? Did something happen? Something wrong at college?" he asked sitting on the sofa again and reaching for my waist. I put my hand on his shoulder stopping him from pulling me down onto his lap.

Oh crap this is harder than I thought it would be. He was looking at me so concerned, and he was clean today which would make this even more painful because I loved him like this. He was such a nice guy when he was clean and I was about to break his heart.

"Johnny, I'm so sorry. Honestly I am so so sorry." I said feeling my eyes start to prickle with tears.

He pulled me down onto the sofa next to him. "What for?" he asked laughing nervously.

"I....I....Oh crap, I'm sorry Johnny.....I....I can't be with you anymore." I said swiping at the tears that fell down my face.

His mouth dropped open, his whole face fell. I felt my heart break a little at the sadness I saw on his face. Damn this hurt so much.

"What the hell are you talking about? Is this because of the stalker thing?" he asked looking at me so hurt it made my heart stutter slightly.

I shook my head, "No it's not the stalker thing Johnny." I whispered looking at him apologetically.

"It's the drugs right? I know I'm an asshole, you asked me to stop and I didn't. I'm sorry babe, please, I won't do it anymore, I'll get some help to stop. I promise I'll change." he said scooting closer to me on the sofa taking my hand, he had tears in his eyes.

"It's not the drugs either Johnny. I promise I never meant for this to happen, I never meant to hurt you ever, that's the last thing I ever wanted to do." I said, wiping the tear that fell down his face with my fingertip. "I owe you more than you know. You saved my life and you didn't even know it." I said trying not to break down in hysterical sobs.

He cupped my face in his hands, "Tell me what this is about Ali, please. Please tell me what I can do. What happened? Why? I don't understand, is it because the stalker guy wants to hurt you because of me? Because if it is I'm so sorry! But the cops will catch him soon, everything will be fine." he said pressing his forehead to mine closing his eyes.