Stalker, Secrets and Lies - Chapter 18

Copyright © 2011 Kirsty Moseley

Chapter 18

Ethan's POV

Johnny walked back into the room looking annoyed and plopped down in front of the TV. This whole situation was killing me, I wanted to beat the crap out of him for being famous, for having someone want to hurt Lia just for being with him. I know I shouldn't blame him but I had to blame someone and he just seemed to fit the bill for me.

After about half an hour she still hadn't come in. "Where's Ali?" I asked glancing towards the kitchen.

"She went back to her parents for dinner, said she forgot she arranged it." he said shrugging. Damn it! What the hell is she doing? Andrew better have gone with her, if she's gone anywhere on her own and something happens to her, wow I couldn't even finish that thought.

I stood up and headed to the bathroom pulling out my cell phone. It was only six o'clock so I had another hour and a half to wait for Max to come and take over from me. I called her but her phone just rang and rang before it disconnected. I could feel myself starting to panic, if something's happened to her I swear it'll kill me. I called her again but her phone was off so I dialled Andrew, her assigned agent.

He answered almost immediately. "Hey Ethan, what's up?"

"Where's Aaliyah Jones?" I asked using her full name as that's what his brief would have called her.

"She's in a toilet man, she's been in there for like twenty minutes now." he said casually as if this happened everyday.

She's been in a toilet for twenty minutes? What the hell is that about? "Where are you?" I asked confused.

"Outside that parade of shops, near the swimming pool on Well's." he said.

"Ok well call me if you leave there." I snapped my phone shut and called Max pulling in a favour to get him to come in early so I could go and see what the hell this was about. Fifteen minutes later he pulled up.

"Johnny, I'm heading off for the night, Max is outside, see you in the morning." I called heading out the front door. I stopped to update Max with the Lia situation and then called Andrew again, apparently she still hadn't come out. So I headed there parking and running over to him. He was sat outside the door looking bored stiff.

"Did she say anything?" I asked confused.

He shook his head, "Nope, I saw her crying as she went in, I heard her crying a little while she was in there but she just hasn't come out. It's been like forty minutes now." he said shrugging.

I nodded "Ok you can head off, I'll take over from you." I said slapping his shoulder and half pushing him towards his car.

"Yeah? What about her night guard? Are you going to take her back to Johnny's so Max can watch her?" he asked frowning. I guess I needed to explain that Lia would be staying at mine for the next three nights, but now wasn't the time. I needed to see what this was about.

"Yeah I'll take her to Johnny's so you just start your shift tomorrow." I said nodding over my shoulder to his car. He took the hint and walked back to his car smiling, obviously pleased he got off shift early. I headed over to the toilet door. "Lia, are you ok?" I called through the door.

"Go away Ethan." she said, her voice sounded sore and raspy, she was definitely crying.

"Open the door Lia." I said sternly. She didn't answer. "Please open the door." I begged.