thirteen | ❝the training begins❞

"harry, please stand there so i can demonstrate stupefy charm," you said with an innocent smile.

the group of students snickered quietly as they watched the smile turn into a smirk when harry nervously stood opposite you, his wand in hand ready to defend.

"the stupefy charm will knock your opponent backwards, it's simple and really fucking fun to do-"

"just do it already!" harry called out, "no balls- SHIT!"

you casted the charm and potter flew backwards, hitting the shining silver wall behind him with an oomph. the army cheered, dean and the twins exchanging sickles as people got into pairs.

you walked over to harry and extended your hand out to him. "dO it, nO bAllS," you mocked as you helped him up, "i love teaching this stuff, being in charge is amazing."

harry rolled his eyes and stretched out his limbs whilst students casted the charm and flew across the room.

"you just loveee being in control, don't you?" harry groaned.

"oh, i do," you whispered teasingly, "very much."

you let him go and gave him a quick wink before walking off to duel with hermione.

harry stayed behind his eyes wide and mouth agape. ron had to smack him on the head to help the teen regain his focus.

"you alright?" ron asked, "you're looking a little red on the face, mate."

"it's nothing. i'm just... trying to sort out my thoughts right now," harry mumbled, "you know since i hit my head- n-nothing else."

the weasley nodded slowly before going over to his brothers who seemed to find the situation quite amusing.

"y/n is something else, isn't she?"

a quiet voice spoke from behind him. to avoid his brain exploding, harry turned around slowly to see who it was.

cho chang gave him a small tired grin, her wand tucked into her cardigan pocket as she played with her fingers nervously. "i couldn't have done what she's doing, honesty," cho admitted, "but i'm here to help in anyway i can."

harry nodded with a smile, the two watching you and hermione duel. "we're all glad you're here, cho."

"expelliarmus!"

hermione's wand flew out of her hand and you curtsied as people clapped and whistled, your match finally coming to an end.

the girl quickly gave you a hug before instructing others on how to use the disarming spell. when you pulled away you caught glimpse of harry and cho, the ravenclaw's eyes quickly averting from your direction.

you smiled and made your way over, your hair in all sorts of directions as you leaned against harry's shoulder with a yawn.

"whatcha doooooin?" you asked.

"nothing much, we're just talking about you," harry said, his arms securing you by his side in case you fell asleep right then and there, "cho and i are your biggest fans, aren't we?"

you didn't fail to notice the way cho seemed to to tense when he did this, her lips pressing into a thin line as she avoided the sight. you wanted to grin. cho was jealous but you didn't know of who.

"uhm, yeah... yeah. i-i'm going to go over there," cho choked awkwardly, "see you later, harry...and y/n."

the ravenclaw quickly walked away, you and harry watching her leave in silence.

harry soon broke it with his quiet laughter, his hand resting under his glasses to wipe away the imaginary tears.

"what's so funny?"

"oh, it's nothing," he teased, "nothing at alllll."