twenty-six | ❝the ministry❞ pt. 3

"i killed sirius black!"

"el oh to the fucking el- now prepare to die."

when harry ran out in pursuit of a cackling bellatrix no one knew how to react. a big part of you wanted to run after him and assist in taking down the witch but luna's grip on your forearm hindered you from doing so.

"we should let him do this," the ravenclaw said quietly, "we need to get back to the to others while harry does... whatever he's going to do."

"yeah okay," you mumbled, "it's not like i was planning to go, anyway. i just wanted to... do a cartwheel?"

"bullshit."

"no, it's not!"

"you literally have your wand in your fist," ginny groaned as she pulled herself up from the ground, "you can't fool me, y/n. i'm like a detective."

"the evidence was right in front of you, calm down jake peralta- ow!" ron gasped and held his arm where ginny had just punched him.

"she's more of a rosa but go off i guess," neville sighed.

you put your wand into your pocket, looking around to see others come to terms with what happened only a few moments ago.

sirius black was dead.

remus and thalia sat quietly looking upwards at the stone structure his body and soul had risen into, their eyes cold and fingers interlocked.

"well..." your mother started unsure, "at least he can be an annoying asshole with james now."

"bold of you to assume they were allowed into the same place," remus replied softly, "only 2 of the 5 marauders's remain."

thalia nodded and turned to her friend with a small smile. "moony," she whispered, "if you die next, i'll kill you."

"bet."

luna's hand fell into yours as the army came together, the girl giving you a comforting squeeze as hermione spoke up.

"what do you think harry is going to do?" she asked uncomfortable, "i've never seen him like that before."

"you've never seen him have appropriate reactions to seeing people get murdered right in front of him? bit of a bloody blunder that is," you said, "anyways, i think he's gonna kick her ass."

"he's going to do more than just kick her ass," neville said, "as he should."

ron nodded and spun his wand 'casually' in his hand. "we should be out there helping him," he suggested, "y/n's army stuff and that."

everyone could sense that hermione didn't want to agree with ron's idea but the witch soon rolled her eyes weakly and walked towards the exit calling out for people to follow.

"ugh, i love it when she tells me what do to," you joked as you chased after her. you missed the weasley boy mumbling a quick 'same' before catching up.

"oh my fucking godric, that is literally lord voldemort-"

"no, it's ralph fiennes- yes! it's lord voldemort," hermione mumbled towards ginny as you and the others hid in a corridor by the large open space harry and voldemort found themselves in.

you fought back a laugh as the grey figure monologued about a subject you weren't too interested in, the harsh light coming in through the glass overhead making voldemort look like a ghost.

luna and ron also held back a laugh, the two simultaneously choking out a "that dude needs some milk-"

the two high-fived each other and everyone watched surprised as dumbledore appeared through the floo network, the old man arriving fashionably late to the 'party'.