Soulmates... But Why Is My Heart Wanting Someone Else??

Several rounds later Annabeth’s fangs were slightly protruding from her mouth as she began panting from over exertion. Darren was even breathing heavier than usual and strangely enough the whole image had a strangely homey feel to it that made my heart swell. The only problem was that they were drawing on points and I didn’t think that they could carry on much longer without collapsing. “Right I think this round should be the last one guys!” I shouted and earned a pouting look off of Annabeth right as Riley walked through the door looking refreshed and even excited.

She plonked herself down next to me and was practically beaming at me while quickly sparing a glance at the happy pair on the matts. “Happy?” I laughed at her and felt slightly begrudging at the fact that she could go running with the nice werewolves which made her radiate vitality and vibrance while I was stuck inside, under Darren’s order, looking fatter each day. It wouldn’t be long until I gave birth. I could feel it, but how long is not long? A week? A month?

I started hyperventilating as the reality hit me that I was going to be giving birth and soon to my own baby girl. I glanced at Darren laughing with Annabeth as they waited for me to give the ‘go’ for their final round. She looked so happy and I knew that Darren might not be her real dad but he was an amazing father never the less. Could I be as good as him as a mother? Could Alex or James be as good a father as Darren? Darren’s head shot up at that moment and he smiled at me, as if sensing my emotions- which probably wasn’t far off of the truth being his soul mate. “You’ll be an amazing mother.” He announced to the confusion of Annabeth and Riley, but I just couldn’t believe that. How could I be when-

Darren stood up from his seated position on the matts, placing Annabeth gently on the ground and started walking towards me with purpose in every stride, making him look determined and sexy as hell with his bed eyes and- “GO!” I shouted before he could get any closer and Annabeth attacked him from behind, almost genuinely knocking him off of his balance. He glanced at me and the look he gave me made it clear that we were definitely going to be talking later. Hopefully then my pulse will have settled down to a normal rate. Watching little Annabeth was like watching a future warrior in the making, when she was older she would be a formidable warrior who would take no stick off anyone. The one to bring her down would be the one fate destined for her; only he would be able to tame her wilder instincts, the wolf in her will only be tamed by her mate but until that day she will have the power of the wolf and the cold tactical mind of a vampire. God help the world when she’s older.

The premonition came as quickly as it went and I looked up to see Darren about to win the final point of the match and that just would not do. I wanted my five course hand cooked meal! “Riley.” I glanced at the pair and she shot off and tackled Darren to the ground in one swift move before carrying on running back to my side, leaving Annabeth to jump on top of Darren and pin him, scoring the final point and my five course meal. I looked over to Riley who raised a brow to me but I simply shrugged. “He promised to cook me a five course meal.” I said by way of explanation and couldn’t help the huge smile splitting across my face until the baby kicked in my stomach making me wince in pain. Reminding me that I couldn’t give up on James just yet, he may yet forgive my unforgivable actions.

Darren was by my side in seconds, hand pressed to my stomach feeling the baby kick with me. “She’s going to be a strong fighter like young Annabeth here.” Did he sound proud of me and the baby? Even though it wasn’t his?

“She will be. I just won’t ever be able to see her.” It felt like someone had thrown cold water over my face but I shook it off as soon as Annabeth ran over to see what was wrong.

“Are you ok Rose?” The worry in her voice shouldn’t be there in someone so young. She should be happy and carefree, just like I’d want my daughter to be. Amber.