Problems... Why Do I Always Have Them?!!

(ROSE'S POV)

I woke up slowly and had a pounding headache. Riley leaned into my vision and worry lines etched her forehead.

"You had me worried sick." She muttered and pushed the hair off of my face.

"I had the worse dream..." I started and heard Nick's bellow from the next room.

"Riley please tell me that you haven't taken a pregnant Rose from both of her husbands!!!" So... Not a dream then.

"Damn!" I slammed my fist on the bed.

"Realised it wasn't a dream huh?" Riley smiled at me and hopped off of the bed in time for Nick to walk into the room.

Well more like stomp into the room.

He looked at me on the bed and shook his head before glaring at his wife. "What the hell Riley?! Do you not understand how jealous vampires are compared to humans?"

"She fainted and all the we're bothered about was who would get her! I'm taking care of her while she's not well enough to cope on her own." Riley's chin raised in defiance and made me smile.

"Riley, Rose is not only married to them but she is also one of their mate's and carrying one of their children!!! They won't stop until it's them who are protecting her. It's no longer your place."

My jaw dropped at his declaration. "Nick..." Riley seethed. "Rose has been my best friend for my whole life and she will be so until the day I die. No one and nothing will get in the way of me looking after her and I know she feels the same way so save your lecture. I'm not in the mood."

"Protecting her could get you killed!!!" Nick roared.

"Then that's something I'm willing to face." Riley turned around to me and sat back down on the bed clearly ending the conversation.

"Well I'm not." Nick hissed and ran at vampire toward Riley, to do what I'll never know, but I was out of bed and had my hand securely around his throat with my fangs out the next second.

"Riley told you how she feels and you will obey them." I hissed in his ear and slowly released his neck from my grip. I took a step back and he turned towards me with hatred blazing in his eyes.

"Don't start something you won't finish Nick." I warned and hissed at him with venom in every word. I know Nick was just watching out for Riley, which I understood, but if he attacked then he was fair game.

"Oh I'm perfectly ready to finish this." With that he lunged for me and slammed me to the ground with a thud. I gasped in a lungful of air as he snarled at me.

"I will not let her die for you, even if that means killing YOU!" He picked me up and threw me out of the door into the corridor, following me out for another lunge.

What he forgot was that I was fighting for two people now because if I was hurt then so would my baby. I lunged forward and met him punch for punch with Riley behind us trying to get us to stop but not knowing how to.

(JAMES'S POV)

I wiped the blood off of my face and stared at Alex who was doing the same thing but instead of hatred or anger, the only thought was to find Rose and see if she is ok.

I laughed and shook my head at Alex. "And on that note Alexander, I shall leave you to your lonely house and find my bride." I gave an elegant bow to him and headed towards the door.

"She will never be yours." Alex spat at me and I could see his hatred of me and I knew he blamed me for an equal part in Jezzebella's death.

"Who are you talking about now Alexander?" I said and turned around to face him. "The mate you lost or the mate you're trying to take?"