The reunion of revelations...

My breath hitched in my throat and I suddenly couldn’t breath. “Wh- what are you doing here James? I didn’t think you were coming as it had been weeks, I just assumed you’d found someone new who wasn’t as much hassle as me.”

“Do you honestly believe that I would leave you here with these mutts? If there’s one thing I hate more than Alexander, it’s werewolves so I’m certainly not going to let them get there grubby hands on my wife.” I winced at that remark and knew that he was going to react well to me telling him that one of those mutts who he hates so much has had his hands on me already- and the fact that I enjoyed it immensely.

“There’s something I have to tell you James-”

“Who kidnapped you?” James cut in, breaking my train of thought and confusing me more. I was tired so that was my excuse as to why I was so slow on the up take today.

“What?” The simplest questions were usually the one’s that got answered first and the easiest to keep up with.

“Who kidnapped you Rose? Who is keeping you here against your will?” His answers were simple but now I was just feeling simple. I sat quiet until I worked out everything that was going on in my head. The dream was just a dream. I was awake in my room at the compound. Darren had never returned in the night because his scent was weak in the room. James was here in my room. He thinks that I was still here against my will. When he finds out Darren took me he will kill him. When he finds out I kissed Darren, he’ll probably want to kill me too. Only one thing to do. Tell him.

“No one.” He raised his brow and I was astonished at how good my vision was now that I was a vampire in this poor lighting. “Well Darren initially took me and Blaine kidnapped Riley but I killed him so he’s no longer a problem-” James was up out of his seat instantly and at my side.

“Where is he Rose? I’ll kill him slowly and let you watch while I do so.” The intensity in his voice scared me for Darren because if he found him then he would do as promised and I couldn’t let him do that.

“No James. He took me initially but he isn’t what’s keeping me here now.”

“Is it someone else? I’ll kill them all just to get you and my baby home safely.” He gently ran his smooth hand over my stomach, sending shivers through my whole body and bringing that hormonally strong lust with it.

I pushed his hand away from me trying to think a bit clearly, past the hormones, past the vampiric urges, past the overwhelming lust and need to jump on him and demand the pleasure he showed me months ago. Pleasure I knew he could deliver so well... I shook my head and focussed. “I’m not being kept here against my will. I could leave when I wanted to, so could Riley but we just didn’t want to.” James stood up as quickly as he was by my side, the look on his face however turned from murderous to hurt. I felt like I’d just slapped him across the face and told him there was no Father Christmas all in one. “You didn’t come for me James and then something happened that made me not want to leave because leaving would mean facing you and telling you that-”

Stop!” He roared and the murderous look was back on his face but this time his eyes burnt with his fury, it was also all aimed at me and I really couldn’t blame him. “You went with the wolf?” I nodded afraid to speak in case my voice broke and the tears started flowing at what he was soon going to say. “He touched you?” He was breathing heavier as if he was barely controlling the urge to kill someone, which he probably was. Another nod. “You consented to this?” Another nod and his fist flew into the wall. I watched the wall crumbling around his hand but he didn’t move it from it’s position so I began to stand up off of the bed carefully only to see his head swing around with eyes now blazing with hatred for me. I knew this was coming, the hatred, and I thought I would be prepared for it but seeing that hatred aimed at me, it made me shake with the need to cry and scream but I wouldn’t do either. I did this and there was no point in crying over spilled milk, what was done was done so there was no point in putting James through the pain of the details when he had clearly made up his mind about me. Call me a coward but I was opting for the route that was easier for the both of us. You’re a coward... My mind supplied just for added support.