The train

Vietnam pov

I woke up on the next morning really early so I decided to go hunting. I went to the forest to see of my trap caught anything. It caught 3 birds. I went back to the village and selled 1 bird. The lady gave me 10$. I looked around if there is more interesting stuff. I saw a locket.

"How much is this?" I asked the lady.

"Oh that? You can have that for free!!! I didn't know I had it. It is very old." she said.

So I took the heartlocket and put it on my neck. I think it looked pretty. It was shining like it was made from diamonds, and it was blue. I was planning to give it to Laos when he wakes up. So I went home and cooked the birds. When I was done I saw Laos come downstairs.

"Good morning Laos!!!" I said.

"Good morning! What is that on your neck?" he pointed on the heartlocket.

"That's a lucky charm. A lady said it was for free so I took it. It's for you." I took the heartlocket and placed it in his hand.

"No No you take it. You will go to the Hunger games so you will need all the luck you can get!" He said and took the heartlocket and hung it on my neck.

When it was 9:20 AM I said goodbye to Laos and went to the center of the village again. I saw that the men and China were alreadu there.

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully.

"Why are you so cheerful about this when your about to go in the train that is taking us to the place where the Hunger games will be?" China asked.

"Everyone need a bit of positivity in life! Even you do you know?" I said.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say!" China said.

That hurt me a little bit. But I stayed calm. When the train finally arrived I thought that it took hours even tho it took 30 minutes.

"Everyone get in." the man from yesterday said.

We got in the train and I noticed we were not the only ones there. I saw people with clothes what looked expensive, and people what looked poor like me. There were people what just looked plain too. I went to a seat with my name on it. Strange. I thought that we get to choose where we sit. I sat on the armchair. I am lucky I got it next to the window I thought. I looked at the nature behind the window and thought it was beautiful. There were a lot of trees and there was a lot of grass. I saw animals walk threw the forest and grass and thought it was really peacefull. It reminded me of my mom who was always calm and peacefull. She rarely shouted at anyone. But she passed away shortly after my dad left us.

When I saw the train slow down I panicked. I didn't know how to fight anyone. I only knew how to throw knives, make traps and climb trees. I hope that was enough to win the Hunger games. I didn't want to die. But on the other hand I would see mom again. I hope Laos is fine. I taughed him how to hunt shortly after I got elected. I knew I had to or else he would die out of hunger. I didn't know how long the Hunger games lasted so I had to teach him to get water aswell.

All the people who were in the train went out of the train when it stopped. I looked around. It was a building in the middle of nowhere. So it was useless to try and escape. So I just followed the man and all the tributes.

621 words. Wow. I think that's my new record. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will make another one shortly after. Thank you for reading my crap. Bye!!!