The Hunger Games

Vietnam pov

"Laos"

I was shocked. His little brother just got picked. He put his name in the box only once. And he got picked. 

"Does anyone want to volunteer?" he asked us.

"I VOLUNTEER!!!!" I shout.

"Ok. Take him up" said the man.

I felt hands on me when I saw 2 people drag him on the stage. He nevr felt so short and small. Everyone from the district was staring at him in shock. Laos was crying and he looked scared. The man put his hand in the box and pulled out another name.

"Adam Zoner" said the man.

He looked at a little boy infront of him. He froze. He didn't even look like he was 12. He looked like he was 9.

"Does anyone volunteer?" asked the man.

It was silent before someone raised his hand.

"I volunteer" said the boy.

He was calm. Incredibly calm for a person who volunteerd in the hunger games. He looked like he wanted to do this for a long time. He had a hoodie with the hood on his head, some black sweatpants and some brown boots. The guards take him to the stage. The man looked at us.

"What are your names?"

"Vietnam" I said.

"China" said the boy next to me.

"Ok you will be going on a train to the place of the arena and will train infront of people and they will give you a number from 1-10 from your skills. 10 is the best and 1 is the worst. We will be going to the train tomorrow at 10 AM. We will meet here 30 minutes befor that. Ok?"

"Ok" we both said.

All the poeple went home.  Me and Laos went to our house. He was crying the whole way there. When we were in our house he turned to me.

"I am so sorry you have to go to the hunger games!!!! Why did you volunteer? You shoul've let me go into the hunger games!!!Now you're gonna die!!!!" he said while sobbing.

"I am sorry but I can't let YOU die!!! I know you don't know how to kill anything so it's obvious that you will die in the Hunger games!!!! I just want you to be safe ok?" I said.

It made him cry even more than before. I tried to calm him down but he was still crying. So I put him to bed. I hope everything will be ok. And I hope that Laos will be safe.

I was tired so I went to bed. I made sure that Laos was sleeping before going to bed. And then I layed my head on my pillow while I drifted to sleep.

433 words. Sorry if you think it's short. But 2 chapters in a day is good. So I hope you enjoyed!!!!