12|Comfort ❣︎

It was already dark outside by the time we finished opening gifts. It was getting late so we went up to our rooms so we could sleep.

I tried to fall asleep but it was no use. All I could think about was Cedric and that weird butterfly thing I had when I saw Draco. I didn't understand any of this.

I sat up and looked around the dark room. It was really nice but it felt so lonely and empty.

  I got up and went downstairs as quietly as I could. I sat down in front of the fireplace in the living room.

   I felt something sharp in the pocket of my sweatpants.

  I forgot that I had a picture of my mom and I.

   It was me at my 6th birthday with her hugging me.

I could feel my eyes filling up with tears. I missed her so much and with my dad not wanting me around, it hurt worse.

          I soon heard footsteps behind me coming down the stairs.

"Hey, what are you doing still awake?" He said as he sat down next to me. I tried pushing back the tears in my eyes.

"I couldn't sleep. I've got a lot on my mind right now."

"Oh." He looked down at the picture in my hand.

"Can I see that?" He asked.

"Sure." I said handing him the picture.

"You guys seemed really close."

"Yeah, we were. She was the only person who truly understood me." I looked over at him.

"I'm sorry." He put his hand on top of mine.

The light from the fire was hitting his face perfectly.

That butterfly feeling was coming back again.

But out of fear from getting hurt I pulled my hand away and looked back at the fire.

"So anyway, what do you wanna do today?"

There we're still some tears in my eyes as I forced a smile.

"Anything you want." He said smiling at me.

He was actually a nice person when you got to know him.

"I kinda want to go outside and take a walk in the snow."

"Then we will." He grinned at me.

We moved to the couch because the floor wasn't the most comfortable to sit on.

He took a blanket and put it around me. I leaned in and hugged him.

I rested my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me and rubbed a part of my arm with his thumb as he held me.

I closed my eyes. And soon I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but I thought this was a really cute moment. I hope you liked it, also thank you so much to everyone who reads my stories. You have no idea how much it means to me. Also please leave any suggestions or things you want to happen in future chapters.

-SUGGESTIONS HERE ☞︎

I will be updating again soon, hope you liked it. :)

~g