* F I V E *

©  Amber Kalkes 2015

Song----------}

"Gimme Danger" By Iggy & The Stooges

*F I V E *

After my bath I wasn’t surprised to have found some sweatpants, exactly in his size, stashed away in the entry closet. I wish I could say that I was but at this point Nadine has made it pretty clear she is a freak of all-knowing nature. Throwing those on the kitchen table I notice how late its gotten from the golden clock on the mantel. Almost eleven at night and I am exhausted.

Tip toeing around toward the bed I slowly lift the covers and crawl in, wincing when the mattress springs squeak. Noticing Brandon doesn’t even twitch and keeps lightly snoring I relax a little. Laying back into the bed I pull the quilt around myself and close my eyes. With the crackling of the fireplace and Brandon’s snore forming an odd lullaby for me I quickly fall asleep.

I needed a new day anyway.

*

My eyes snap open suddenly only to see a now only half naked Brandon standing over me looking pissed as hell. Using the dimming firelight to see I can only make out one side of his face but his yellow eyes are glowing in the dark, reflective like my cat Ginger’s. I’m about to ask what he’s doing when he suddenly grabs me by the neck and picks me out of the bed like I weigh nothing.

Kicking my legs and punching his arm as hard as I can he doesn’t stop moving until my feet are dangling about four feet off the floor. I continue to kick uselessly, trying to aim for his crotch, but his arms are long enough to keep me at a safe distance. Digging my chewed down my nails into his hands as hard as I can I see him wince a little but he still doesn’t let go.

Fuck this, I think through the panic.

Closing my eyes I try to focus, despite what’s happening right now. When I’m done I snap open my eyes again and push my hand forward. Brandon’s feet are knocked out from under him suddenly making him fall face first. He doesn’t let go of me though so I crash to the floor along with him, gasping for air and coughing hoarsely.

Brandon tries to reach for me again but I make another sweeping motion with my hand pushing him as far away from me as he can get. He crashes into the farthest wall, cracking his head against the wall. He tries to get up again but I put my shaky hand up one more time, pinning him to the wall so he can’t move an inch unless I allow it.

Snarling and growling Brandon tries to force his body to move but it doesn’t work. Feeling something warm and wet drip down my lips I reach my other hand up and touch my upper lip. Pulling it back I see blood on the tips of my fingers. Lifting a brow I rub my fingers together, smearing the blood on them.

“Let me go!” He snarls at me.

I smirk at him, “What makes you think I’m doing it? Do you see any chains on you? Do you see anything holding you back?”

“It's you!” He insists. “Let me go!”

“Not until you tell me what the fuck that was!” I tell him, gesturing towards the bed.

His eyes drop to my neck and for a second I think I see shame flicker across his face. But it’s only for a second and quick turns back to anger. “I don’t owe you any explanations!”

“Then I should have just that hunter shoot you!”

He scoffs, “You still want me to believe that you’re not working with them?”