* T W E N T Y - S E V E N *

©  Amber Kalkes 2015

Song———}

"Generation Landslide" By Alice Cooper

*T W E N T Y – S E V E N *

"Are you ready?"

Wren turns around and glares at me from her position at the bottom of the stairs. She's dressed in a pair of black yoga pants, a black Ramones t-shirt that obviously belongs to Jack and a black skullcap on her head. She looks so irritated I almost have to laugh because the reason is just ridiculous. What did she expect with only a month until the baby is born? Of course we were going to a baby store to stock her up with essentials!

"I have never been less excited for anything in my entire life." She mutters as she takes a bite of the grape flavored Popsicle in her hand.

"Get over it." I tell her with an eye roll, "You need things and I told you about this trip a week ago. You've had time to mentally prepare."

She shrugs, "I thought I would come up with an excuse by now."

"Well you didn't so say goodbye to Jack while I go get Mary from wherever the hell she is."

Wren's face goes from irritated to all knowing in five seconds flat, "Oh I'm sure she's somewhere around here."

I arch a brow, "Meaning?"

Wren shrugs and starts heading for the stairs with a clearly fake innocents about her, "You know how it is with these kids these days, Ruth. If I were you though I'd check the entertainment room."

"The what?"

"Down the hall, third door on the right." She says with a dismissive wave as she climbs back up the stairs still feasting on her frozen treat. I glance at her belly, my goddess it's gotten huge. She looks nearly seven months pregnant now!

Shaking my head I start for the entertainment room, which I've never even heard of before a moment ago, to find Mary. I actually haven't really explored the mansion much. I've preferred to stay in our room most of the two months we've been here mostly due to my own nerves. I haven't had a lot of mingling time with the pack members and the ones I have run into don't think much of me. I don't really blame them. Some woman claiming to be a witch just comes in, steals their Beta and worms her way into being friends with the Alpha? Not cool. So for their comfort and my own I've been sticking mostly to myself.

When I'm outside the room Wren pointed me to I pause. The door is closed mostly but there's a crack of space between the door and the frame. Through it I can see two figures. One obviously being my sister and the other being some guy I've never seen before. I cross my arms across my chest and just watch the two before Mary suddenly launches herself at the guy and starts kissing him. That's when I decide to step in. Pushing open the door I throw him away from Mary with a wave of my hand causing him to hit a couch with a grunt.

"What the hell!" Mary yells, her lips all red from her make out session.

I point at her and narrow my eyes, "No. You do not get to ask me 'what the hell'. That is my question. So enlighten me Mary, what the hell?"

She stands up straighter but her cheeks redden, "I didn't do anything wrong."

"Well what about Jake or Jim or whatever his name is? I thought you were dating him."

"Jared." She says lowly, hesitantly glancing at the guy, "And we broke up."

"When?"

"Uh, about an hour ago."