Part 14

Part 14

Eric POV

Trust Sookie to completely ignore everything I say. I thought as I had her warm forgive wrapped up into my arms, I liked her being this close. Where she belonged in my arms. I could smell her sweet scent that never failed to make me salivate as her sweet addicting scent surrounded me comforting me as well as making me wont to softly sink my teeth into her beautiful neck. Which was a strange thought I never thought about being soft or gentle I usually just take blood however and whenever I want to.

I travelled at the speed of light soaring through the air feeling peace with Sookie in my arms and the cool air hitting my face making me slow down just a bit. I looked down observing the lights of shops and houses that were still open the sound of the birds tweeting. One of the best feelings was being able to fly high where there was only peace no worries, no restraints just freedom. I remember when I was a mere human boy and I would watch birds fly by wishing on every shooting star that I would one day fly. Guess I got my wish not quite how I imagined it though.

I could tell the sun was going to rise within the next hour or so as the sky was beginning to lighten ever so slightly and it started to smell warmer and more like sun. As I started to descend towards fangtasia which was now locked up I texted pam to let her know Sookie and I were back safely. I walked through the back doors to find pow and jasper cleaning up. I sent them both a sharp nod which they returned and entered my office.

I placed Sookie gently down on my black leather couch and found myself just watching her silently sleep. I paid attention to everything about her and noticed her light soft breathing, the way her chest raised and fell with every breath she took, the way her nose would ever so slightly scrunch up occasionally. I'm not sure how much time went by with me just watching her but I knew I could stare for hours. Who would have thought a thousand year old Viking could be hypnotised by a human. I must be losing my touch maybe it's old age getting to me. Sookie she's not just any human though is she.

I wonder what is she? I shook my head and snapped out of it I had stuff to do before sunrise. So I placed a blanket that I kept just in case she was ever to fall asleep in my office, around her with vampire speed I walked over to my desk sat down and began filling out all the paper work that had been chucked on my desk carelessly. I got to the very bottom and found a  thick black silk letter sealed in red wax. Well what do we have here I wondered.

I inhaled the scent of the paper to find nothing but a lingering smell of middlemist red. A rare flower that is lethal to vampires, can kill young vampires and seriously weaken other vampires as well as supernatural beings usually leaving semi permanent or permanent damage. As this plant reacts to us vampires like fire, when touched by vampires it can burn through their flesh and when injected or digested it can eat a vampire from the inside out until it burns every cell, organ and bone. It acts similar to a virus as it rapidly spreads around the body. Death by middlemist red can be either quick or excruciatingly painful.

Being however an older vampire it doesn't effect me much especially as Godric made a point of making me create a resistance against it. Usually it's used against vampires by other unworldly species in war. Over the years some have even created bio weapons out of it as some have used middlemist red to create viruses that can be transmitted from species through all sorts of contact, however this was ruled illegal by the supernatural order as it killed thousands. Nevertheless the plant is very rare amongst the human world but in other realms can be more common to find. I sniffed again intrigued as it is nearly impossible to find.

I gingerly picked up the letter to find there didn't feel like any traces of middle mist red covering the letter, as when I picked it up I felt no tingling sensation. Having picked it up I noticed it was heavier than just average paper or card. Interesting. I looked at the front to find cursive writing written in bright white ink. Which looked like it may have been written using a quill and inkwell maybe by someone not born in this era.

I looked over to check on Sookie and as i thought she was still sound asleep snuggled into the soft blanket. Cute I thought. I turned back to the letter pondering what to do what to do. I came to a conclusion I'm lazy I'll deal with it tomorrow and inform godric before opening it, I didn't want to risk anything happening with Sookie here and with it being so close to sunrise. I checked the time and it seemed I had no time to bring Sookie back to the house. Looks like we are staying in fangtasia. I text pam to alert her.

Picking Sookie up in my arms again and locking my office door. Noticing Jasper and Pow had locked up and had gone down for the night. I descended the concrete stairs into the basement which was dark, gloomy and quite intimidated if I do say so myself. I smirked thinking of all the people I had locked up in this basement, tortured and killed.

Passing the chains walking to the back wall. Where I knocked ten times on different bricks some double tapping. I stepped back as the wall split allowing entry, I walked through pushing the wall back with me. Sauntering down the long well lit hall way I again thought about the letter. Who could have written that? And why was it sent to me? Could it be to do with my dear sookie? I thought looking down at her in my arms subconsciously

Finally reaching the door at the end of the hall. I placed my hand on the hand print lock, then let the device continue to scan my face. When recognised the door opened. Yes I know a lot of security but you can never be too safe as a vampire especially one with my status and age. I took a left walked down until I met another door which I unlocked with my finger print. Then causally I strolled into the apartment styled room, heading straight towards the bed room I lied Sookie down under the covers.

I began to undress out of my crisp navy suit hanging it up in my wardrobe of numerous other clothing changing into just sweatpants. I decided to leave my top half up just to tease little Sookie, so I got into bed lying right next to her wrapping my arm round her waist and let the darkness take me into rest.

*sorry guys I know it's been ages I promise even though my updates are long I haven't given up on the story. It's just been a crazy year with coronavirus but stay safe and sane if you ever need to talk my messages are open xxx love ~N*