Part 10

Merlottes. That was the only place we could think to find anyone that could still be sane, merlottes has always been a safe place to everyone. I know that's the first place I would go in times of danger. Hopefully maybe run into Sam. Tara Lafayette and I got into Lafayette's car and drive as quietly as possible, so not to attract attention, to merlottes.

As we drove you could clearly see the destruction around us. The pavement was dug up in odd places with graffiti sprayed on trees and lamp posts. All of it seemed to be the same symbol. An animal, possibly a bull.

We didn't run into anyone fortunately and arrived at merlottes.

It was eerily quiet which made us all freeze and look around. There was nothing around that we could see but it was getting dark so it was hard to really tell.

"Can you see anything?" Tara asked nervously

"No but the sooner we get into merlottes the better and more likely we won't run into anyone" Lafayette exclaimed confidently but I could tell he was nervous too.

No one made a move to get out the car until I decided I was going to go. We were wasting time. I opened my door as I did so Tara and lafayette followed but not before Lafayette got his spare baseball bat from the back of his car. We walked cautiously towards the front entrance of merlottes to see it had been boarded up. So we walked around to the back staff entrance. The heavy door was locked but fortunately Lafayette has his key.

The door squeaked open. We were submerged into darkness as the door closed behind us. Silence filled the room before suddenly someone came charging towards us with a warriors cry.

The light flickered on and we came face to face with Jason and Sam. We all let out a sigh of relief, until we all stiffened up again. Who's to say they aren't infected, there everywhere this is turning into an episode of the walking dead.

"Check there eyes" Jason whispered to Sam not so quietly, Which made Lafayette roll his eyes dramatically.

"Ain't nobody coming close to my eyes I don't know what kinda ju ju you be doin" Lafayette said as he strolled further in.

Sam and Jason put down the weapons they were holding realising we were not infected as the light shone brightly we could tell everyone's eyes were normal.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"Well Maryann has done something to the town and it's my fault" Sam answered truthfully

"What do you mean?" Tara asked with sass putting her hands on her hips.

"It's a story for another time we need to figure out what to do now" Sam replied.

Just as Sam finished his sentence a loud sound pierced the air, it sounded unearthly nothing I have heard before. It was animal like but not like any animal I have ever heard, it was ferocious and aggressive.

We heard a crash coming from the main part of the diner. We all looked at each other before slowing inching towards were the sound came from.

One of the windows were broken in and glass was scattered everywhere, there was so much it decorated the floor. No one made a sound we all just stared until we heard it.

Screams and yells. Bug eyed town folk surrounded merlottes banging on the doors and windows, trying to climb through the window all at once. How did they know where we were. I began to wonder if we were the only people not effected

They pushed and trampled on each other to try get through the window or any entrance they could find.They didn't seem to notice nor care if they were hurting themselves it seemed they were just focused on getting inside only if I had that much focus in exams. They seemed to be chanting something.

"Oh hell no!" Lafayette yelled raising his bat up in defence.

I looked around and it seemed the whole town was outside trying to get in we were surrounded and hugely out numbered.

This is definitely not how I plan on dying

"We need to get out of her" I exclaimed getting a little apprehensive.

"Is there any secret compartment or some shit like that in here?" Jason said edging backwards away from the window as it looked like we only had a few minutes of that before they fully break in.

"This ain't no movie Jason" Tara replied

"Umm" Sam replied not sure "the freezer there's a latch on the ceiling that should lead out"

"Then why the hell are we still standing here?" Tara shouted and as she said that the window completely broke and the town folk were scrambling in.

Everything froze for a second then chaos really started the town folk acting like mindless zombies running and stepping over each other.

We all ran, fast. Darting towards the freezer at the back of the kitchen. Jason reaches the door and yanked it open and we all clambered in the large stock like room. Sam slammed the door right behind us. We could here people banging and shouting at the door.

The walls were an Icey blue and the floors were white and slippery. The freezer was filled with boxes of frozen meat that towered around us. We looked up to find there was a latch however it was very high up.

"How are we gonna reach that?" Tara exclaimed worried.

"The boxes, move the boxes and stack them up" I said.

As we started to create steps with the boxes the shouting and yelling from the other side of the door became louder and more threatening. The bolts in the doors were seriously being tested as they struggled for dear life to not break. All I could do was watch in panic and try move faster.

Sam took the lead and went up the boxes first when he got to the latch he found it was budging.

"Shit"

"The hell you mean 'shit' we ain't got time for 'shit'" Lafayette stated looking at the freezer door which wasn't looking like it would hold up for much longer.

"It's stuck!" Sam replied hastily.

This made us all panic. We all grabbed onto the latch pulling it open with all the strength we could muster. It finally cracked open and we were able to pul the door open. Just as we did the freezer door fell down with a loud bang.

Sam quickly pulled himself out and on to the roof then lifted me by the waist and out swiftly and did the Sam for Tara. Jason took sams hand a hoisted himself up, Lafayette took sams hand and started to pull himself up and out when the boxes under him were tipped over by the town folk. Who attempted to jump and grab one of his legs. Sam almost let go but managed to hold on.

"Not today Satan!" Lafayette shouted kicking them off and pushing himself up.

We all slammed the door shut. I sighed in relief.

"So what now?" Jason asked.

Well shit I hadn't thought about that.

*One day I will be consistent in uploads sorry for the wait~N*