Part 8

Sookie POV

"Why all of a sudden are we going back" I asked curiously as Eric packed up everything around us using his vampire speed.

"This trip to Texas was supposed to be quick. Go to Texas, find Godric, save Godric and then go home"

Wow when he puts it like that seems like it shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Or been as emotionally stressful.

"Is Godric not coming?" I asked nervous of the answer I had become quite close with Godric over the short time I have known him, he has given me words of wisdom I wouldn't forget and offered comfort at my most vulnerable. The thought of not even saying good bye felt wrong.

" yes but he had business to finish here first" Eric replied nonchalantly chucking my clothes into my suit case. Then running back through the room with amazing speed collecting my other stuff that was left in my own room.

He then stopped and stared as me as I sat on the edge of the bed rocking my legs back and forth, watching him pack my stuff. We stared at each other for a good 30 seconds before I realised Oh did he want me to help.

"Did u want me to help?"

"Well yeah that would be helpful" he answered sarcastically with an eye roll.

Well now I'm definitely not helping. In seconds Eric was finished and had all
Our bags at the door, staff came in what seemed like on cue and carried them out. Eric turned to me and held out his hand. I looked at it for a second then lifted my eyebrow at him.

"I can walk you know"

"Are you sure? Because you seem to trip over just about anything and everything for no reason what so ever" he said grabbing my hand.

"I don't fall that much" I murmur defensively under my breath.

"Seriously it's like u trip over invisible objects" he continues ignoring my glare.

He smirked in reply and lead us out the room. We walked past my old room which I shared with bill. I suddenly felt a wave of anguish wash over me as I started to feel a lump in my throat. Looking at the door which lead to the room we shared together, made me feel an overwhelming sense of grief as I will never see him again.

Eric squeezes my hand lightly in a comforting gesture and led me away towards the reception then out the door. He opened up a door to a big black bmw and drove off. I felt myself slowly drift off into sleep.

I woke up in a comfy chair positioned opposite Eric who was staring intently. Well that's not creepy. Looking around I realised we were on a plane, more specifically a private jet. It had loads of space and everything looked lavish. Then it suddenly dawned on me.

"Jason! Jessica!" How could I forget my brother and Jessica. It hit me that Jessica must have felt her connection to bill break, I suddenly felt guilty for not checking on her.

"You can calm down Jason comforted Jessica and drove her back to Bon temp they left without telling you because they wanted to make sure they were there before sunrise"

I felt relieved and answered with a nod.

"We will be landing soon so buckle up"

True to his word we began to descend down as I scrambled for my seat belt. As the jet came to a stop we walked down the steps. Waiting right at the last step was Pam tapping her diamond studded heels impatiently.

"Thank god your back, while you were gone everything literally went to shit, I keep getting calls to 'help' like I have nothing better to do" Pam scoffed.