Chapter :11 What Makes Monster and What man

Frollo used his sword to widen the already gaping hole he had created in the church door, thanks to the battering ram. "Frollo, have you gone mad?" Frollo turned to see the archdeacon coming down the bell tower steps. "I will not tolerate this assault on the house of God!" He stood blocking the judges way. Frollo glared at him.

"Silence, you old fool!" He snarled pushing the old man out of his way, as the archdeacon fell down the steps. "The hunchback and I have unfinished business to attend to, and this time you will not interfere." He whispered as he locked the tower door behind him and rushed up the stairs.

Meanwhile Quasimodo attack on the soldiers had worked! They were retreating. "We've done it, Miriam!" He shouted as he burst into the room. "We've beaten them back!" "Come and see." He started to walk out to balcony but turned to see his sister hadn't gotten up to join him.

Miriam, sister, wake up. She didn't move. Miriam, he said moving closer. Quasimodo realized that she wasn't moving. He rushed to a nearby barrel of water and dipped a ladle into the water. Instead of drinking the water the water trickled of her lips and into her thick brown hair.

Was she-? No, she cant be! She cant be- dead. Tears streamed down his face as he cried over the body of his dead sister. He heard the door slowly creak open behind him. He felt a hand on his shoulder. You killed her. He said not bothering to look up at his stepfather.

"It was my duty, horrible as it was." "I hope you will forgive me." Quasimodo let out a chocked sob as Frollo pretended to comfort him. "There, there, Quasimodo." "I know it hurts, but now the time has come to end your suffering... Forever.

That's when Quasimodo saw it....The shadow of a knife raised above his head. He turned just in time to grab Frollo's hand from plunging the dagger into his heart. He fought with his stepfather as Frollo attempted to plunge the knife into his heart.

Suddenly a feeling of rage overtook him and he threw frollo across the room. Frollo backed against the wall staring at his stepson who now held the knife. Now, now, listen to me, Quasimodo.

"No, you listen!" "All my life, you have told me the world is a dark, cruel place, but now I see that the only thing dark and cruel about it is people like you." "Quasimodo." He turned to see his sister sitting up. She was alive! Miriam Quasimodo said rushing to his sister.

She lives, Frollo said drawing his sword. No! Quasimodo shouted as he picked up his sister and ran out onto the balcony. Frollo followed them but by the time he arrived they had disappeared. He looked around he jumped around the corner but there was no one there.

He smirked remembering that his stepson could climb. He leaned over the balcony coming face to face with Quasimodo. Leaving so soon. He swung the sword, but Quasimodo managed to dodge it. Look up there someone shouted. Pointing up at the tower.

"Hang on!" Quasimodo shouted to his sister. He only narrowly managed to avoid frollo sword as it came crashing down. He dodged again this time getting a small cut. He swung onto another gargoyle helping Miriam up onto the balcony.

Quasimodo pushed Miriam out of the way as frollo brought his sword down on a gargoyle. I should have known you'd risk your life to save that witch. Just like your mother died trying to save you what?

"Now I'm going to do what I should have done 20 years ago!" With those words Frollo swung his cape into Quasimodo's face causing him to loose his balance and fall off the balcony, taking frollo with him.

Miriam tried to pull her brother up but he was to heavy. Hold on. Please hold on. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw Frollo climbing onto a nearby gargoyle. He was laughing like an insane person a wild gleam in his eyes.

"And he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit!" As he said this the gargoyle, he was standing on began to break causing him to lose his balance and drop his sword, fall clinging to the gargoyle.

Suddenly it was if the gargoyle had come to life its eyes alit with hellfire. Frollo screamed as the gargoyle broke off with him clinging to it. as he fell screaming into the fire below. Miriam suddenly realized she was losing her grip on her brother. 

Quasimodo! Quasi! She lost her grip and her brother fell towards the fire below. NO! Suddenly she saw someone from the balcony below catch her brother.

She saw two men pulling her brother onto the balcony. One of them was Phoebus, the other was her older brother Aron. She saw Esmeralda wave up at and she rushed downstairs.

Quasimodo opened his eyes he thought he was going to fall to his death, but someone saved him. He saw the smiling face of Phoebus and another man standing near him. He hugged Phoebus thankful for his friend saving his life.

"Hello little brother its nice to finally meet you." He turned to the voice and realized it was the other man who had spoken. It was then that he realized this man could only be his older brother Aaron. He hugged his older brother.

Quasimodo. He turned to see Miriam in the doorway, and he ran to hug her. "We did it!" Esmeralda said kissing Phoebus. Its finally over!

That morning Esmeralda, Phoebus, Miriam, and Aaron exited the cathedral. Phoebus and Aron raised Miriam and Esmeraldas hands in the air as the crowd cheered. Suddenly Miriam realized someone was missing. She walked back to the cathedral doorway and held out her hand.

Quasimodo looked nervously at his sister but nonetheless took her hand as he stepped into the sunlight. He shielded his eyes from the bright light as he walked into the open. When his vision cleared he saw the towns people looking back at him.

They looked unsure and uncertain about how they felt about the hunchback. Quasimodo was about to run back in the church when a little girl appeared from the crowd. She approached Quasimodo who backed away in fear.

She looked at him curiously at first, then she raised her hand towards his face. Quasimodo flinched, however when he realized she meant no harm he relaxed and allowed her to give him a hug. She then tugged on his hand and led him into the crowd.

Three cheers for Quasimodo! Clopan Shouted. The villager cheered as they lifted Quasimodo onto there shoulders. Clopan than began to sing.

"So here is a riddle to guess if you can"

"Sing the bells of Notre Dame"

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?"

"Sing the bells, bells"

"Bells, bells"

"Whatever their pitch"

"You can feel them bewitch you"

"The rich and the ritual knells"

"Of the bells"

"Of Notre"

"Dameeeeeeeeeee!"

Quasimodo returned from celebrating to find Miriam sitting alone in the belltower. Miriam where have you been. You should be celebrating Frollo's gone! Everyone's free. "Not everyone is free." What....What do you mean? She turned to look at him and he realized she was crying. There's something I need to tell you little brother.