Chapter 9: Finding The Court of Miracles

"Frollo's coming." "You must leave." He said startling the gypsies into fleeing. "Quick, follow me. Go down the south tower steps." Esmeralda stopped in front of him. "Be careful, my friend. Promise you won't let anything happen to him."

"I promise," He said with a smile. "Thank you." "Be carful little brother" Miriam said. I will now go. He motioned. She fled and he looked around for somewhere to hide the body.

He finally hid the captain underneath the table where his model of Paris stood. Just in time to as frollo entered the loft. " Oh, Master, I-I didn't think you'd be coming." He stuttered. "I am never too busy to share a meal with you, dear boy." "I brought a little treat."

Quasimodo sits across from him but frollo clears his throat and Quasimodo realizes he forgot to set the table. He rushes to grab the dishes from a nearby shelf accidently knocking over and breaking a few in the process. He returns with the two plates, a wooden one for him and one made of silver for his master.

"Is there something troubling you, Quasimodo?" Frollo says nonchalantly. No! Quasimodo says. Oh, but there is. "I know there is." He says winking at him as if he knew a secret that he was hiding. Surprised and nervous Quasimodo accidently drops a grape on the ground and slowly reached for it.

"I think you're hiding something," Frollo said raising an eyebrow at him. No, Master. I... There's nothing...You're not eating, boy. He quickly gobbles down a handful of grapes. "It's very good. Thank you." He hears the sound of Phoebus groaning under the table. To shut him up Quasimodo kicks him in the head knocking him out cold.

He pretends to cough to cover up the sound. "Seeds" He said motioning to the grapes, but Frollo doesn't buy it. "What's different in here?" Nothing. Sir. That's when Frollo notices the carving of Miriam and picks it up.

"Isn't this one new?" It's awfully good. "It looks very much like the gypsy girl." He says calmly then his voice grows louder. "I know you helped her ESCAPE!" "And now all Paris is burning because of you!" "She was kind to me, Master."

 She....She said- said what? That she cared about you! She said she was my sister, the boy muttered. YOU IDIOT! Frollo roared how could you believe anything that witch says, She's a gypsy! "Gypsies are not capable of real love!"

"Think boy!" "Think of your mother!" The judge regained his composure and slowly stood up releasing Quasimodo from his death like grip.

"But what chance could a poor, misshapen child like you have against her heathen treachery?" "Well, never you mind, Quasimodo." "She'll be out of our lives soon enough." Frollo said burning the carving of Miriam. "I will free you from her evil spell." 

"She will torment you no longer." "What do you mean?" "I know where her hideout is and tomorrow at dawn, I attack with 1 ,000 men." Frollo walked down the stair turning back to look at the boy a smug grin on his face. Quasimodo stared at the place where his master had stood in shock.

Suddenly Phoebus emerged from underneath the table. "We have to find the court of miracles before daybreak." "If Frollo gets there first...Are you coming with me?" Quasimodo turned away from him. I can't. He said sadly. I thought Miriam was your sister? Do you want her to die?! No of course not! But Frollo's my Master. "I can't disobey him again."