Chapter 22: The Plagues

As Quasi and Moses walked outside the slaves stopped their work to look at them. Its Moses, one of the slaves whispered as he threw mud at Moses causing him to fall into a pit of mud.

"Moses!" Tzipporah Shouted as she rushed to her husband's side, Quasimodo following to see if his brother was alright. "So, Moses, how does it feel when you get struck to the ground?" Quasi looked up to see his older brother Aaron staring down at them.

"I didn't mean to cause you more pain." Moses said avoiding his brothers gaze. "I'm just trying to do as God told me." God? "When did God start caring about any of us?" "In fact, Moses, when did you start caring about slaves?"

"Was it when you found out that you were one of us?" Quasimodo glared up at his older brother. Don't listen to him Moses. He doesn't know what he's talking about. No, he's- he's right. "I did not see because, I did not wish to see." He said sadly.

"Oh, you didn't see because you didn't wish to see." Said Aaron sarcastically. "Ah! Well, that makes everything fine then, doesn't it?" Aaron! Quasi and Moses looked up to see Miriam glaring at Aaron. "You shame yourself." Aaron looked down feeling guilty.

"Miriam, the brothers said shocked to see their older sister. Moses looked away from her feeling guilt for the way he had treated her the first time they met. "I'm so sorry- Moses, hear what I say."

"I have been a slave...all my life, and God has never answered my prayers until now." " God saved you and Asher from the river, He saved you both in all your wanderings, and even now He saves you both from the wrath of Pharaoh." "God will not abandon you, so, don't you abandon us."

Moses looked over at Quasi who gave him a small nod. Moses stood and began heading toward the river. At first Quasi wasn't sure why until he saw Rameses lounging in a nearby boat. Quasi and the other slaves followed Moses to the river.

"Miriam, where are you going?" Aaron asked nervously. M- Miriam. Realizing he had no choice Aaron reluctantly followed his sister to the river. As they got closer he noticed the two priests entertaining a little boy on the boat. He could only assume this was Rameses son.

He followed Moses as he stepped into the river. "Rameses!" "Let my people go!" Rameses merely looked at them amused. "Still gnawing away at that bone, are we?" Rameses waved a dismissive hand at the guards to ignore them.

"You cannot keep ignoring us!" Moses shouted. Enough! "I will hear no more of this Hebrew nonsense." Bring them to me. He command the guards. The guards rushed out of the boat running straight towards Quasi and Moses.

"Asher!" Zafira cried Moses! Tzipporah shouted. The two women were dragged back by Aaron and Miriam. The two men stared at the guards rushing toward them with no fear. "Take the staff in your hand Asher." Quasi Obeyed Moses doing the same.