Prologue: Cry for Freedom

You probably have already heard this story. It's a story that's as old as time its self. But what if I told you what knew was not what was true? Want to know what really happened? I will tell you. You probably know of my brother Moses, but history has seemed to forget all about me, not that I did much, Moses was the real hero.

 I was just there to support, him as his brother anyways. Yet still I was forgotten which is why I'm here to speak the truth. But lets start at the beginning. This all happened a long, long time ago on the banks of the river Nile.

A bird flew over a clear sky thousands of men, women, and children worked in the hot sun. They were slaves. The Jews of Egypt, prisoners of the cruel pharaoh. They began to sing as they toiled in the sweltering heat.

"Mud!"

"Sand!"

"Water!"

"Straw!"

"Faster!"

"Mud, and lift!"

"Sand and pull!"

"Water and raise up!" Straw!"

"Faster!" One of the guards shouted cracking a whip.

"With the sting of the whip, on my shoulder!"

"With the salt of my sweat on my brow!"

" Elohim, God on high, can you hear your people cry?"

" Help us now!"

" This dark hour!"

" Deliver us!"

" Hear our call, deliver us!"

" Lord of all remember us here in this burning sand!"

" Deliver us, there's a land you promised us!"

" Deliver us to the promised land!"

The bird flew over what looked to be houses made of dried mud or clay. Guards ran through the houses, screams echoed through the streets of the homes of the slaves. The Pharaoh had ordered that every newborn Jew was to be killed and thrown in the river. 

It was the Pharaohs way of stopping them from growing in number and revolting against him. One house however had not been searched yet. In this house stood a woman with her children. She peered around the corner watching as the shadow of the guards went by. She appeared to be hiding something in her shawl. She then began to sing.

"Yal-di ha-tov veh ha-rach,"( My good and tender sons)

"Al tira ve'al tifh'ad (Don't be frightened and don't be scared)

She unraveled the fabric to reveal a baby boy. The baby looked a lot like her same dark hair, and skin. She wrapped the baby in blankets to hide him and handed him to her daughter. "Miriam take your brother." The little girl held her baby brother in her arms as her mother bent down to lift a piece of fabric from another bundle. It was another baby. This one however looked nothing like his mother.

The baby had pale skin, red hair, the only similarity he shared with his mother was her green eyes. The child however was deformed and a hunchback, but she loved him with all her heart. The child was from a previous love not to long ago.