42| girls night. part 2

"Okay Ginny you're up!" I spoke encouraging her to pick "let's do truth" she answered and now that I had sobered up slightly I could actually think of one to use for her, a truth was even more perfect for Ginny, I wanted her to express everything on one topic in particular. "This will not leave this room, let out exactly how you feel about Harry..." she went bright red at the mention resulting in giggling from the rest of us. She opened her mouth to start talking but our heads all shot towards the door when we heard a clattering coming from outside it along with hushed whispers. "Shit" I muttered standing from my seat with my wand in hand.

We were all pretty certain we would be caught any second now as they had all joined me standing in front of the door holding our wands out, not really sure what we would use them for if it was a Professor. We only got confused when they knocked, surely a Professor would barge in to catch us red handed. I took steps forward to voluntarily open the door but when I got to the door frame, I immediately recognised the voices outside. I grabbed the handle jerking the door open quickly "what the fuck are you lot doing here?" I stared them down with an annoyed expression, Harry, Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus had decided to rock up at the door.

"We were bored, we figured we'd join the fun..." Ron answered for all of them as they all held identical guilty looks on their faces. "What happened to not wanting to join the 'boy talk and pillow fights' Ronald?" I made air quotes with my fingers just to get my point across that we knew they would miss us too much.

"Alright, fine I'm sorry. Now please let us join" I tapped my finger to my chin before turning around to face the girls "what do we think, should we?" They all rolled their eyes nodding in sync and I opened the door wider to allow them to enter.

"What's that smell?" Dean asked sniffing the air and I gave him a cheeky smirk as Luna pulled out the remaining joints from her pocket. "Oh-"

"Fancy getting off our heads?" I grinned and they all shrugged apart from Neville who I nudged to give him a look of 'do what your comfortable with' and he smiled appreciatively.

...

It didn't take long for everyone to pass out either on the floor or sprawled out uncomfortably on the seats, the boys were lightweights when it came to smoking and even Neville gave it a go ending up enjoying it. It was now only Ronnie and I awake and it couldn't of been more perfect to do what I planned. We weren't talking just sitting staring into space, still feeling quite high from earlier. I stood walking over to the kitchen area picking up the remaining two half empty bottles of whisky, I secretively poured two drops of Veritaserum into one of the bottles. I had a wave of guilt hit me, I know I had to know what she was up to but was this kind of betrayal really the way to go.

"Come on then Ronnie, one last drink for being the last ones standing." I could hear in my voice that my words were slurred and she let out a "mmm" sitting up straighter in the chair, you could tell she was tired as it had hit the 4am mark. We clinked our bottles together and I was shaking with nerves, I felt awful like this was the worst thing I could possibly do.

It was too late to back out.

We necked back the bottle at our lips taking a large gulp to wake us up even more, it didn't affect my throat after getting used to the taste six bottles ago. I sat opposite her trying to act normal as I could in my state, she seemed to be as drunk as me so she probably wouldn't even notice. I cleared my throat as it had gone terribly dry with how anxious I felt "Ronnie, what's been going on with your family?" She went wide-eyed at the question but seemed to not be able to stop herself spilling it all out, guess I really did get the right potion.

"They are working for him again, they are trying to get me into his circle too. If I refuse I get beaten I don't want to do it you have to believe me Kat, I don't I-" she began crying and I could hear the sincerity that she wanted no part in it, she was stuck in a bad family but she was a good person I knew that already. "Shh Shh it's okay!" I pulled her into me before quickly pulling away pointing the wand a her face, her eyes widened in shock, scared I was going to hex her for the information she spilled. I let out my shaky breaths my eyes pricking with tears trying to break their way through "obliviate..." I focused on the events that had occurred as we had learnt this spell briefly for our OWLs, Hermione and I did more research on it just incase it was necessary, it wasn't but at least I knew for this moment. I thought only of what I had asked her and what she told me, wanting to erase that and only that. The only issue was I had never used this spell before it was risky.

"Woah I've got the fattest headache...why are you looking at me like that?" She spoke completely normal not upset like she did a few mere seconds ago, I stared blankly my own eyes welled up but I blinked them away putting on a fake smile to ease her worry. "No reason, think we should get some sleep?" She nodded along with a yawn and I quickly took her bottle from her hand, relieving the liquid from it into the sink. "Ronnie..." She only let out another "mmm" and I sat back across from her "you know if somethings going on with Daphne you can tell me right?" if there was one thing I wanted her to tell me on her own, it was this. I wasn't willing to use Veritaserum with something like this, I'd want her to come out without forcing it out of her.

"You noticed huh?" I nodded comfortingly not wanting her to think I would judge her in any way. "I liked her, you know Daphne but if I'm honest last night with Luna just drew in my interest. She is different and I like that..." I smiled at the thought of two of my best friends actually being together. "Ronnie I can't tell you how happy I am that you told me, I thought you'd keep it to yourself for as long as possible!" She chuckled and I was glad she trusted me even if she had no reason too at this point. "You're my best friend I know I can trust you..." I mentally wanted to punch myself for breaking the mutual trust we had for each other, I can't believe I went through with it.

She could never find out or she would most likely never speak to me again, for invading such private thoughts and gaining information she shouldn't share with anyone. I used her vulnerability for my benefit...

- also I know I said I would release a few chapters yesterday but I fell asleep on the train ride- I met my godson for the first time though!!! And I wrote this chapter off an hours sleep as I've been up with him all morning so I hope it's alright xx