1| the visions.

The early morning sun only just lifting from the skyline, birds chirping; the steady patter of rain upon the window. The sound brings a calmness, a soothing melody, a natural lullaby.

Images. Messages even, passing through Katherine's head as she lay messily on a mattress in a small corner of Ginny's room.

"Wormtail." The coarse voice hissed as she watched Peter Pettigrew step forward warily towards the armchair. Its back was facing the wall making her unable to see who sat upon it.

Another man, dark-haired with a look of disdain across his gaunt face stared directly where she stood. It made her feel uneasy, her heart racing faster as she thought he had seen her. He crouched down to the foot of the chair, whispering something unheard of to her, to the presence that was sat out of her sight.

Katherine squeezed her eyes shut, wanting to wake herself up. Her other visions hadn't been pleasant but this one made her stomach turn as if this was real. She felt her feet on the wooden slats, her palms sweaty, convincing her that she was actually standing before these three people.

Like a computer can be overloaded, so can your brain. There is a limited processing capacity and when your ability to process fear is exceeded, the panic attacks begin.

"Kill them."

"Of course, master."

Her heart dropped as Peter lifted his wand, she couldn't move. Her feet were frozen to the ground not allowing her to take a step, her eyes were squinted as she tried to block it out. Think of something else, anything, but as the killing curse was spoken it hadn't hit her, she felt no pain. It went straight through her as if she was a mere figment of their imagination.

"Get up or you are not coming!" Her tired eyes shot open to see a frustrated Hermione. The girls brows furrowed as she was towering over her with a lantern in front of her face, making her skin have an orange glow to it. "Finally, you should have been up an hour ago." Hermione sighed, pulling the blanket off of her, "both of you should have!" She shouted for Ginny to hear as well. Kat rubbed her eyes and nodded as she reluctantly sat up, throwing her pillow over to hit Ginny's head, resulting in a frustrated groan.

Her eyes were still dark and sunken as she pulled her messy bun back into place, the majority of her bedding had ended up on the floor suggesting her sleep had been quite stressful.

Hermione placed the lantern on the side table, still sharing her irrational thoughts about their tardiness before leaving to wake up Harry and Ron. Katherine watched as Ginny pulled her cover back up to her shoulders to sleep cosily without disturbance. Kat clambered out of bed and sluggishly walked to her trunk, pulling out her clothes as well as her toothbrush before giving Ginny one last push. Ginny had been excited about the tournament for months, which was the only reason why Katherine agreed to go. She had never been a fan of playing Quidditch, but watching it was something else entirely.

The door was opened to the main hallway and it was crowded with redheads, banging on the bathroom door for their turn. She didn't have to ask who was in there, it was obviously Ron. She knew this could be ongoing for some time, it always did. Instead, she was drooling at the gentle scent of pancake mixture making its way up the stairs. Within a second Katherine had left her belongings on the chest of drawers to get some of Molly's breakfast.

"Sweetheart," Mrs Weasley said. "You aren't ready?" She sighed deeply when looking at her descend from the staircase. Her bare feet and pyjamas answered Molly without a word. "Right then. Eat up and get yourself presentable." Spinning on her heels, Molly was plating up a dish whilst shouting upstairs for all of her children to hurry up. Katherine had only seen Bill, Ginny and Ron awake, Molly would not be happy if any of them were late.