14| happy anniversary

It seemed that classes were getting worse and worse, detentions were continuously being handed out by Umbridge who was still using her painful quill. Everywhere I looked there were people with bandages on their hands, it was torture and there was nothing we could do to stop the ministry from doing it. It had become even more frightening as we all had to submit to questioning about 'illicit activities' meaning our suspected involvement in the DA which was obviously ordered by Fudge.

We all got called in one by one as we all waited patiently for our turn, she offered me a tea when my questioning came around which I turned down out of spite. She asked questions about activities whether I knew or was apart of any when my answer stayed the same she ended our meeting knowing that I wouldn't tell her of all people anything.

...

When we made our way to the DA meetings Filch was practically waiting to catch us in the act so Fred and George left a box of Weasley chocolate products for him, which resulted in his face producing pus-filled boils all over, it worked like a charm as he did his strange run to the toad's office. This then made Umbridge require an Inquisitorial squad of students to keep an eye out for any rule-breaking, to no ones surprise it consisted of Malfoy and his goonies, Crabbe and Goyle among a few other Slytherins. Although I must admit Draco hasn't bothered me since he got that new girlfriend and he looks a lot happier, he's still a dick who would snake out me and my friends without a second thought.

For our last DA meeting before the Christmas holidays, we planned to work on a few spells that needed work such as levitation, shrinking spells and Reducto an explosion spell that Ginny seemed to be best at. We were all preparing to leave when Fred pulled me back towards him, "Wait for us love we want to ask Harry about some new products to use on Umbridge"

"Ooo what are you planning Freddie?" He opened his mouth to speak but stopped when Harry came over.

"We've been thinking Harry, we could always sneak Umbridge some puking pastilles into her tea?" Fred started while holding a box of products "Or a fever fudge they give you this massive-" George tried to finish but I cut him off as my brother's mind was clearly elsewhere, and by that I mean completely on Cho Chang.

"I'm sure Harry would love to hear about the products but he's really busy right now," I said nodding my head towards the girl as I pulled the twins away by their arms, it took them a second but they finally caught on.

...

It was that night I finally decided to go back to the Slytherin common room instead of the Gryffindor one as I had practically moved into Fred's dorm, I managed to keep Pansy off my back as I found out about her sneaking out to meet Blaise regularly and used it as leverage. It was only then I realised how lonely it felt in my own bed without the tall redhead that I had fallen so deeply I love with sitting bored out of my mind stroking the back of my sleeping kitten's ears.

Then it hit me "Our anniversary!" Our one year anniversary was on Christmas Eve whether he remembered this or not didn't phase me but I knew I needed some form of a present by then. I spent the whole night thinking of ideas and it got me nowhere, what on earth do I get him? It took me hours but I came up with the perfect surprise for him and partly George and I quickly jumped up to use Ronnie's owl, Amyra that she left for me to take care of. As I scribbled my application messily on some parchment and watched as the Amyra flew into the distance with my letter in hand.

When I finally slept my mind was elsewhere it was the visions, it had been a while since I had experienced them but this one felt more traumatic than most. I saw the man I see as my Father, Arthur Weasley walking somewhere with little light surrounded by shelves with dim glowing blue orbs. Until I suddenly saw him being beaten to a pulp by someone or something I couldn't see, as soon as my eyes shot open I jumped from my bed running through the common room ignoring the tears pouring from my eyes, as my cold feet hit the cobblestone flooring the adrenaline took over.