13| let's do something about it

Fred, George and I were finally finished completing the Weasley & Weasley products, and we started the day by promoting them all around the school. The sales were going well, everyone wanted different items to get out of a class or to prank the teachers. This cheered me up immensely as Ronnie had to leave Hogwarts for a 'family matter' that was quite brief and out of the blue making me and her both curious.

"Katherine, what's wrong with Harry?" Hermione asked me as she pulled me from the crowd of students.

"I'm not sure, what has he done?" I arched my brow at her as if to tell her to spit it out.

"He's bloody refusing to go to Dumbledore about what Umbridge has done to his hand!" Ron spoke up while stuffing his face with chocolate. "She did it to you too!" Mione shouted while pulling my hand closer to her face. "Why haven't you done anything about it?" I shrugged not really up for listening to her rant and leaned down to pick up a purring Giddy from the floor and walked back to my boyfriend.

"What was that about love?" Fred asked me as he pulled me into him by my waist carefully not squishing the small grey kitten in my arms.

"They think somethings wrong with Harry, but I'm not really sure." I stood up on my toes and pecked him before walking to the Great Hall for lunch. I sat with Ginny while Hermione and Ron sat a few seats over, no one had seen Harry since the common room and they all began worrying. I tried to convince them not to worry over him as this became a regular thing for him after the Tournament, he would disappear for hours to clear his head and this was what I expected him to be doing now.

When he finally returned I sent him a reassuring smile which he reciprocated, then we suddenly heard some commotion from down the hall. The voice was one we knew and hated, Umbitch.

"I am merely requesting when it comes to my students, you perform to the prescribed disciplinary practices!" McGonagall spoke to the stubby woman as students gathered around to listen in on their conversation.

"So silly of me but it sounds as if you're questioning MY authority in my own classroom, Minerva!" Her voice didn't lose it's horrifying high pitched tone even during an argument.

"Not at all Dolores! Merely your medieval methods!" Whispers began flowing through the crowd as I turned my head towards my friends.

"Who told her? Mione?" She gave me a guilty look and I just shook my head at her. Umbridge began going on about if she is questioning her than she is questioning the ministry which earned a roll of my eyes.

"Things at Hogwarts are much worse than I feared, Cornelius will want to take immediate action!"

...

As the weeks passed the ministry was taking more control over Hogwarts, adding new rules, disbanding activities etc. Umbridge was gaining more power over the students so much that Fred and I couldn't be within 8 inches of each other in public, including a ban of all Weasley & Weasley products, the school became depressing under her rule.

Professor Trelawney almost got the sack last week if it wasn't for Dumbledore standing up for her she isn't a great teacher and has never made an accurate prediction but it just proves, Hogwarts was different in the worst way possible.

...

Sitting in the Gryffindor common room with Ron, Harry, Hermione, Fred and George,
Mione was ranting about Umbridge pacing in front of the fire, "Foul, evil old gargoyle! We are not learning to defend ourselves, we are not learning how to pass our O.W.Ls!" Her eyes were wide and I could tell Hermione was rather annoyed.

"So let's do something about it." I said confidently to the group as I sat up from my laying position with Fred they all gave me arched eyebrows, but not in the questioning kind of way more of a let's do it kind of way.