57| avoiding the inevitable

{bit more spice in this chapter, I want to know if you like it like this more, or if you like it how I normally do it...}

Thankfully Molly had tried out a new spell which had eased the pain enough for my to sit up and walk around with little help, we were all confused as to what had happened with the healer but were all too afraid to bring it back up. It definitely bothered others more than me as I wasn't one to worry on things we had no answers to, there was no point, it wouldn't get us anywhere.

"Think you can make it to my room?" Fred asked cheekily from the doorway but I nodded none the less, hoping this could be my opportunity.

He stood close to my side but allowed me to attempt to get up independently, "I did it." I stood proudly with my arms crossed and he shook his head with a grin, following me out the living room.

When we had gotten to his room I sat on the edge of the bed, after having enough of laying down to last a lifetime. "Do you remember when we went to the Quidditch final? That was the first 'moment' we had I-" I shook my head before he could finish, profusely in disagreement and he arched a brow in confusion.

"Remember second year? When you came to the Dursley's to rescue Harry and I, there wasn't enough seats in the car so I had to practically sit on your lap. Sure it was awkward but that was when I first had an inkling of a crush on you I suppose." I rolled my eyes at how young I was in that moment, fantasising unrealistically back then. Never in my life would I have expected all this to happen from then.

"Oh yes, you were red faced the whole ride" he burst into laughter at how wrong that sounded and as did I. We laughed until we died down and he cleared his throat moving on to another subject, "on another note though...what did you mean when you said we will talk about it later?" I gulped and stared at him remorsefully but I forced yet another smile when I saw his sadness. I thought on how I could break it to him but every explanation or reasoning seemed to bring my mind back to how angry he'd be.

"I just didn't want Molly to tell Sirius before I had the chance..." I lied and I felt awful about it but I just couldn't bring myself to break his heart in this moment. He smiled leaning in to me, kissing me delicately before standing up handing out both of his hands to pull me up.

-

I found myself always wanting to be out on the porch of the house, despite Molly not liking me being out in the open, even with all the spells protecting the Burrow. I'd sit out there alone and eventually someone would join me, which I didn't mind but I just enjoyed the cold. I'd like the chills the breeze would give me so I'd sit on the step in nothing but a T-shirt and some joggers, no matter who would come out to offer me a jumper or a blanket, concerned for how cold it could get in the dead of night.

On this particular day I decided to come out with the beer Bill had given me, mainly to get away from Fred. He had been extra snappy lately, losing his temper too quickly. Not necessarily with me, with anyone really. I wasn't sure if this was sexual tension or if something else was on his mind.

I heard the door latch open followed by a smiling widely Bill, I held out a beer and he graciously took it, seating himself beside me. We stayed in silence for a second but I turned to face him.

"Do you know what's wrong with Fred?" I asked and he chuckled slightly, taking a swig from his bottle, "I shouldn't mention it but it's what you'd expect..." I chuckled along, "I knew it." He smiled holding the bottle close to his lips.

"You know we think it might have been Voldemort himself who did that." He pointed to my back and I widened my eyes at the statement. "When Mundungus disapparated I saw him following closely behind you. So we know that what we are dealing with will be damn near impossible to figure out." I nodded deep in thought about the whole thing, the dark Lord himself, marking me?

"Surely if he did this it's a way to keep an eye on me, or even control me?" He shrugged, unsure of the answer himself.

...

We spoke on that particular subject for a little while longer, but never getting any closer to a reasonable answer, so we eventually moved on.

"What do you think about me proposing to Fleur? It's quite early on but I know I'm in love with her, there's no one else..." Bill changed the subject and I smiled excitedly clapping my hands together, "it's perfect, with everything going on we all need something to look forward to." He smiled back just as ecstatically.

"Well me and Fleur will be off to bed soon, I just want you to know, Fred doesn't blame you for the lack of action. I mean how could he? You're not exactly in good shape." I instantly scoffed at him, "is that your way of calling me fat?" I gasped but continued on laughing hysterically.

"Eh..." he responded and I slapped his arm slightly before he helped me up, gently hugging me goodbye. "I hope to hear wedding bells soon for you and Freddie!" He rushed back into the house, most likely expecting me to hit him again. "Yes well Billius...tell him that!" I shouted as he shut the door behind him, locking me out.

"Will do Kathy! Have fun sleeping out there!" I banged on the door hoping to grab someone's attention, but Bill quickly ran back down the stairs unlocking it. "I hope Fleur says no." I whispered and he clutched his chest in pain.

-

"Fred... I'm sorry." He looked like he was thinking over everything he had done wrong in his life, thinking I was tricking him for something he had fucked up on. "Um- what for?" He looked genuinely concerned as he stood up from his bed, wrapping his arms gently around my waist. "The lack of...um- 'action' I guess." He chuckled slightly, burying his head into my neck mumbling on about how it isn't my fault.

I played with his hair as he growled slightly as I scratched at, "what's something we can do?" I asked pulling his head back slowly by his hair to look at me, making him instantly harden against my thigh. I giggled looking down at how desperate he was and I gripped his forearms, slowly lowering myself on to my knees. I clenched my jaw through the pain of the position, not wanting that to stop me from easing his frustration.

I undid his zipper and button pushing them down his legs as he cast the muffliato charm on the door, followed by colloportus to lock it.

I had never seen him in so much pleasure, clearly the weeks- no months were too much for him to bare. I missed him and his touch too, but there was no way I could handle him in my condition, especially not with how desperate he was for affection right now. That would only make him more unintentionally aggressive.

It was safe to say we needed the silencing charm on the door, with how loud his groans of pleasure were, even shocking me. He was usually able to have enough self control to muffle his moans but this time round he had zero. The door rattled as George stood outside attempting to open it, I didn't stop fully, just slowed down to give Fred a chance to speak.

"Fuck off George!"

"Why? I need to get something!"

"Take a guess, now piss off!"

"Oh- don't break Kat more than she already is" he sniggered and I took myself away from Fred just to reply, "don't be jealous that you're getting none!" I shouted and when I heard his breath hitch from outside the door, speechless from what to say next, I heard him stomp back down the stairs allowing us to continue.

- so I added a lil more spice to this, but I've never really felt comfortable writing detailed spice in this. I could but, I just don't like the details being in this story, it's a Fred fic but it doesn't seem like that type of book. After this I would definitely think about doing a smut story but I definitely don't want this becoming one. If you like how much detail was written here I will do more like that but I will only take it slightly further or no further at all. ❤️