1.03

the next morning, styx texted flynn that she would need to walk to school today, as she was staying back late to help julie get ready to play today. the two had been up late last night working with luke to help julie learn the song, and styx in turn learned the song.

when the girls finally got to school, they rushed to the music room excitedly, only to find it completely empty aside from a depressed looking flynn sadly playing the trumpet.

"what are you doing?" styx asks her as she let out a long note on the trumpet.

"and where is everyone?" julie adds.

"spirit assembly." flynn states plainly. "i was kind of blowing it off because i wasn't feeling very spirity." she explains and styx lets out a small sigh as julie's face falls. "you okay?" flynn asks them, sitting up in her chair.

"not really." julie sighs. "i had this new plan to play for ms harrison, hoping she'd let me back in. but i guess i missed my chance."

flynn's face breaks into a small grin, and styx takes a deep breath, already knowing what she was thinking.

"no, you didn't." flynn tells julie, walking up the girls and wrapping an arm around each of their shoulders.

the three girls made their way down the halls, the sound of dirty candy's newest self-obsessed song growing with each step. they walked into the gym to see the group performing as the whole school cheered for them.

"look who spent all her daddy's money on costumes and katy perry's choreographer." flynn says in annoyance.

"well, it paid off." julie sighs.

as much as it bothered styx to admit it, it was true. carrie may be a horrible person, but she did have a lot of talent.

midway through the performance, alex, luke and reggie poofed into the gym beside the girls, surprising both of them.

"what are you guys doing here?" styx whisper-yells at them, quickly checking to see if flynn noticed her talking.

"we wanted to see you stick it to the man." luke tells julie with a smile. "isn't that right boys?" he turns back to other two, alex nodding behind him while reggie was in a trance watching the girls dance in the middle of the gym.

"man, i miss high school." he mutters, making styx roll her eyes.

she was partly rolling her eyes at herself for the jealous knot that formed in her stomach upon hearing those words. she was not a jealous person, she never got hung up on people. dylan was proof of that. but something about reggie was drawing her in and she couldn't stop the growing feelings.

as dirty candy continued their performance, styx had to stifle a laugh when she saw alex dancing to the music, especially when she noticed julie being slightly annoyed by the blond.

when the song finally finished and carrie was done soaking up the applause for herself, the five girls walked out of the gym together as principal lessa and ms harrison walked into the spot light.

"thank you dirty candy!" she says.

"nows your chance! go talk to her." flynn tells julie with a grin. "see you in music class!" she spins to walk towards the steps, and styx stayed back with julie and the ghosts.

"that was sweet." the crowd falls silent at the principals joke, making ms harrison clear her throat awkwardly.  "okay then." she says quickly. "before we let you go we have a few more announcements."

julie and styx ignore the announcements, turning back to the boys.

"what are you waiting for? this is your time." reggie says, all of them noticing julie's lack of movement.