1.10

after school, styx dropped flynn at her house before her and julie went back to julie's house.

"you think they'll be out there?" styx asks, glancing at the studio through julies bedroom window.

"i'd be surprised if they weren't." julie shrugs. "since they haven't seen us since last night."

"um, yeah, about that." styx starts awkwardly, causing julie to quickly spin to look at her.

"what happened?" she asks hesitantly.

"so i went to get coffee after i dropped you at school this morning and i kind of ran into the guys." she explains. "or rather, my fist ran into reggie's face."

julies eyes widened and she let out a choked laugh.

"you punched him?!" she asks, grinning. styx nodded, making both girls laugh slightly. "well if they are out there, at least they'll keep their distance."

"and if they don't, i'll just deck one of them again." styx holds up her fists jokingly.

"what even made you punch him?" julie asks, raising an eyebrow at her.

"they were just trying to make excuses for last night." she sighs, tossing her bag in the corner of julie's room.

she didn't really want to tell julie that they missed last night because they were out partying at a club. she was upset enough about this whole thing without needed to know the reason.

"and i don't suppose reggie brought up those twins again?" julie asks with a smirk and styx's eyes widen.

"what do you mean?" she attempts to act casual and julie rolls her eyes.

"do you think i'm blind?" she asks sarcastically. "i saw your face when he said that last night. you were jealous." she says with a small laugh and styx shakes her head quickly.

"no, i don't get jealous." she states, somewhat confidently.

it was true, she didn't get jealous often. even when she caught dylan kissing that girl, she wasn't jealous, she was just angry. but she couldn't deny that part of her anger towards the boys right now, was actually misdirected jealousy.

"maybe not about people, but you do about ghosts." julie teases.

"okay, but what about you and luke?" styx says, hoping that will lead the conversation away from her feelings for reggie.

"what about me and luke?" julie asks, somewhat genuinely.

"really?" styx stares at her with a small smirk. "do i really need to say it?" she asks and julie sighs slightly.

"no." julie says with a small eye roll. "let's just go out there and get this over with, yeah?" she suggest and styx nods.

the girls slowly made their way to the studio, neither of them in any rush to see the boys again.

when they reached the studio, they were met by the boys, singing an up-beat and surprisingly well rehearsed apology song.

reggie's face looked completely normal, which disappointed styx. she'd hoped he'd at least get a black eye or something, but apparently ghost don't bruise.

"in case you missed it, we're really sorry." reggie speaks quickly and both girls nod slightly.

"yeah, we got that part." julie informs him.

"we've been here, for like three hours." alex says with a grin, high-fiving reggie. styx continued to glare at the boys as the continued.

"we almost sang to your little brother." luke tells them.