1.18

julie and styx marched back into the orpheum with new determination. julie was prepared to go on with the show by herself and styx was going to force herself to flash on that stage even if it kills her.

styx pulled julie in for a tight hug before turning back into the green room. she was anxiously pacing as she listened through the door for the sound of julie performing.

styx could feel her heart beat in her throat as she attempted to slow her breathing and prepare.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum." the announcer's voice came through the speakers that styx didn't even know were in the green room. "now give it up for Julie and the Phantoms!"

the audience cheered loudly, and styx felt herself smile slightly. she always knew she'd hear julie being introduced at a venue like this some day. she just wished it would have been under better circumstances.

"hi, i'm julie." julies voice came through the speakers, and styx slowly took a seat on the couch. "tonight I'd like to dedicate this song to my mom." she says. styx already felt tears begin to gather in her eyes again. "who's been there with me every time i've played. and thank her for, not giving up on me."

styx could hear the shaking in julie's voice, and she knew if she even tried to speak she'd be struggling just as much. all she wanted right now was a hug from rose, those always made her feel better.

"I'd also like to dedicate tonight's performance to, three special friends." styx's breath caught in her throat as julie spoke. she closed her eyes and could almost feel reggie holding her hand. "who have changed my life completely, who have brought music back to me."

styx wiped under her eyes to stop her tears from falling. she took a deep breath and shut her eyes again, trying to focus on her happy memories of rose and the boys, and not the overwhelming sadness filling her right now.

"it was their dream to play here, and this is for them." julie says. "this song is for anyone who's lost their way. step into your greatness. don't give up."

styx smiles and glanced upwards. she didn't really know if rose could actually see them, but if she could styx knew she would be beyond proud of her daughter.

"Stand Tall." julie's voice was stronger than a few moments ago. she sounded ready to play. "thank you."

styx held her breath as the room fell silent. she was waiting for the sounds of julie playing the piano, but was met first with a small screech of feedback from the mic. she felt her heart stop, worried for a moment that julie wouldn't be able to play. until moments later, when she heard the soft sounds of the piano intro to the song.

styx looked to her guitar in the stand in front of her. she had no idea if she would actually be successful in flashing on stage without the boys, but she was going to do everything she could to make sure it happened.

Don't blink
No, I don't want to miss it
One thing, and it's back to the beginning
Cause everything is rushing in fast
Keep going on never look back

taking slow, deep breaths, styx focused her mind on playing with julie. she was sure she'd never focused this hard before in her life. she was putting every single thought towards playing with julie and praying she would just flash on stage.

And it's one, two, three, four times
That I'll try for one more night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind

styx couldn't stop herself from letting out a choked sob when she opened her eyes and was still in the green room. she felt terrible, she felt like she had let julie down, let the boys down, let the audience down.

The River Styx - jatp/reggieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें