1.02

after dropping flynn at home, julie and styx began the drive to back to her house.

"we'll drop our stuff inside and then head out back to talk to them." julie tells her as styx parks the car.

"okay, i really hope they know what's going on because i'm still confused as hell." styx says, pushing open the front door and beginning up the stairs with julie.

when they reached her room, they were surprised to see the three ghosts casually hanging out in there. styx was still shocked to see them, especially after reading that article.

they were ghosts, actual ghosts.

"what are you guys doing in my room?" julie asks quickly.

the boys quickly look at each other, squeaking out attempted excuses.

"we were looking for the kitchen." luke says quickly, his eyes wide.

"this, this can't happen." julie tells them sharply. "it's creepy." styx nods beside her, still unable to speak from how confused she was. "get off my bed please." julie instructs reggie, who hops up quickly.

"hey julie?" luke raises his hand sheepishly, as if in school. "what's in the box?"

"that's off limits." she says quickly.

"oh, okay." he laughs slightly. "girls stuff."

"oh! like butterflies and glitter?" reggie speaks up, making styx chuckle slightly from the excitement in his voice.

"oh come on." alex sighs at the boys before turn back to julie and styx. "i'm sorry about them."

"it's none of your business." styx tells them and julie smiles gratefully at her friend. "and yes, there might be some glitter." she smirks slightly when julie glares at her.

reggie nodded with a look of victory in his eyes. styx realized her eyes were lingering on him for longer than she meant to, and she quickly shook her head to get rid of the thoughts that began filling them about how cute the dark haired boy was.

"we never got your name?" reggie says, upon noticing the girl watching him.

"it's styx." she says and the boys turn to look at her, their eyes slightly widened.

that was the reaction she usually got upon telling people her name. it was a strange name but she liked it. her pops picked the name for her, it was the agreement they made when they decided her dad would be the donor for her surrogate. styx decided to change the topic, as the follow up questions about the origins of her name usually led to a rather uncomfortable conversation.

"i don't understand, how are you ghosts?" styx finally asks, still very confused about the whole situation.

"well, we ate some hot dogs, then we died, and here we are." reggie shrugs.

"so you've been ghosts for 25 years?" she asks, suddenly realizing that these might actually be 45 year old men in 17 year olds bodies.

"no, we just showed up here last night." luke shakes his head, hopping off the stool.

"yeah and it only felt like an hour between when we died and when we met julie." alex agrees and styx relaxes slightly.

"okay, but i still don't understand how we can see you?" she asks. that was the biggest question on her mind. isn't not being seen sort of the whole point of ghosts?

"we don't know either." reggie says, rising from his seat and taking a step closer to her. "i mean, julie discovered us, but i don't know why you can see us."