1.01

the bell signaling the end of class rang, making styx let out a sigh of relief. the only class she actually liked was next; music class. she grabbed her bag and hurried out into the hall. she heard foot steps behind her and rolled her eyes, already knowing exactly who it was.

"styx! wait up!" he called, running slightly to catch up to her. "hey." he says simply, smiling at her.

"hello dylan." she says with a sigh. "what do you have to say today?"

dylan and styx had been dating for almost two years, up until a few months ago when styx broke it off after catching him with another girl. each day since then, dylan has brought her a new reason she should take him back.

"okay, today's reason you should take me back: i make really good spaghetti." he says, sounding somewhat like a question. "and i'm really sorry."

"your spaghetti is so-so at best, and i don't care." she states plainly, turning down the hall towards julies locker, where she can see her and flynn talking to carrie.

"please just think about it?" he begs. styx speeds up her walking to try and get away from him but he matches her pace.

"okay," she says, stroking her chin as if in deep thought. "done. it's still a no." she stops walking a few feet from julie and flynn.

"oh come on!" he exclaims, throwing his arms up slightly in a huff.

"goodbye dylan." she says, quickly turning to the three girls at julies locker.

"oh my gosh flynn! don't bother coming!" carrie tells them in a mocking tone.

"hey carrie, why don't you go be a bitch over there?" styx suggest, pointing to the tables behind her.

carrie grits her teeth and glares at the red head before spinning on her heels and walking away from the girls. flynn balls up the flyer in her hand in anger.

styx noticed julie starring past her and turned around to look. nick, the boy who julie has basically been in love with for years, was standing a few feet away talking to his friend and teammate, dylan.

"nick? still?" she asks quickly and julies eyes widen, looking over her shoulder to check if he heard.

"you know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies." flynn tells her and julie rolls her eyes.

"nicks a sweetheart." julie defends weakly.

"yeah, you'd actually have to talk to him to know that." styx reminds her and julie sighs in annoyance.

"and only one of them has to be a demon, to make a demon baby." flynn adds, before turning to look at carrie across the room. "demon!" she shouts, causing carries head to snap in the girls direction. the three duck their head towards the lockers to hide their laughing. "there's that smile!" flynn points to julie now upturned lips.

"now, let's go prove everybody wrong." styx says, wrapping an arm around each girls shoulder and leading the to the music room.

styx had some conflicting feelings upon entering the room. she was excited to be here because she loved playing music and this was her favourite class. but she was also very anxious about the high stakes of julie's performance today.

the class took their seats and ms harrison began calling people up to perform. when styx's name was called, she excitedly grabbed her guitar and walked to the middle of the room.

she had written a small guitar riff to perform. she wasn't really a singer, she mainly just played guitar. she's been playing since she was four when her dads got her her first guitar.