1.15

"we wanted to tell you that," her dad pauses again. "Rose was, is, your biological mother."

styx felt the world around her stop as the words repeated in her head. she couldn't breath, she felt like the room was sinking in around her.

she began stuttering out incoherent sounds, trying to form some sort of statement or even a comprehensive thought, but she couldn't.

"we know, this is a lot to take in." her pops says slowly.

both her fathers were watching styx carefully. her eyes were darting around the room, as she was still trying, and failing, to speak.

"but try to stay calm-"

"calm?!" styx cut her dad off, the statement somehow triggering her anger. she jumped up from her seat as the words started pouring out of her mouth. "you- you lied to me! for 17 years!" she shouts, pacing in front of them. "about the woman who birthed me! who was also the main female role model in my life! who just died!" she continues.

both her dads were taken back by her anger. they had both expected more confusion or sadness. but all of those emotions were currently being reserved for the ghost boys in her life, so anger was the only outlet she had.

"and you choose now to tell me?" she stops pacing to face them.

"you've been feeling so close to julie with the band, and when you were born we all decided to wait until you girls were 18 to tell you, but then last year," he pops trails off, glancing down sadly.

"yeah! last year!" she yells. "i knew her for 16 years and you never told me. a-and now she's gone, and i-" styx feel tears forming in her eyes, and she felt like throwing up. "i can't do this." she spins on her heels and walks towards the door. both of her dads were quickly behind her.

"where are you going?" her pops asks as she pulls on her shoes.

"julie's." she states, though she wasn't sure if she would even be able to stay over there. "or should i say, my sister's." she adds snidely, causing her dad to roll his eyes.

"no, you aren't." he states. "take your shoes off and let's talk about this."

"yeah, well, how's this for talking?" she pulls open the door and spins to glare at them. "bite me."

she slams the door shut, running to her car and quickly getting in. she pulled out of the driveway as fast as she could.

she didn't go to julie's straight away, instead she texted to ask if she could stay the night. while waiting for a response, she was just driving around the neighbourhood trying to clear her head.

so much new information had been dumped on her today and she couldn't handle it. how was all this happening? how is it possible?

and how the hell was she going to tell julie?

julie finally responded saying she was already in bed, but when styx said she needed a place to stay for the night, julie told her she could stay in the studio.

after driving around for a while longer, she finally pulled up to the molinas. she took a moment in the car, trying to collect herself. she hadn't completely realized that she had tears streaming down her face.

she focused on taking deep, steady breaths as she made her way down the path to the studio. she pulled open the door to see the ghost boys spread out around the room.

"why are you here? what's wrong? are you okay?" reggie asks quickly, noticing the distraught look on her face. reggie stood to his feet and sped across the room to her.