PHASE 2; Part 1

PHASE 2

Part 1: Trial Over. The Fun Begins...

Kareem.

"Today is October 22nd. How are you feeling Miss Grimes?" I told her as we both sat in Doctor Kumar's examination room. She has been doing months of Chemo and Radiation since the summer. I promised her something I shouldn't have...I said she would be home with her son Izzy by Thanksgiving. Now her results are today and I am more nervous than her.

She grabbed my hand and smiled at me and exhaled, "Today is a regular day. I prayed and left my fate in Gods hand. Doctor Kumar and you have been great and Miami has done wonders for my life but like I said I am going home regardless of these test results. I miss my son. He has opened a beauty bar. My lies are getting worse...and now I just got a call that his estranged Uncle maybe back and that man isnt good for anybody..I may need to get home ive be dreading calling him to warn him about his uncle because I dont want to lie anymore about my life here. Its getting really hard Doctor Jabar"

"Call me Kareem." He said smiling as the door opened and both of our attention shot to the door. Doctor Kumar walked in looking great as ever. For a middle aged Indian man he looked bomb. His skin tone was perfect with silky skin and had a head full of black long hair..rumor has it the hair is implants. He sat across from us and exhaled, "You came to us this summer because you had fate and in me and I can say I hope that fate continues into my O.R. Because the tumors in your lungs have all shrunk and are accessible for me to remove. We started our with four masses and we only have 2. The chemo and radiation killed the others. Miss Grimes I am please to report that you will be home by Thanksgiving." She jumped up with all her might and I followed suit as we hugged. I closed my eyes as she rubbed my back. She then went around to Doctor Kumar has he gave me the signal to head out. I walked out of the office and checked my apple watch. It was clocking out timmeeee.

I walked into the locker room and sat down as I pulled my phone out and had a missed voice message from my Mom. I quickly went to my voicemail to hear it and put it to my ear.

"Karey I am just calling to tell you how court went today. The state is going forward with the charges against Damian. The lawyer Q hired is working teeth and nail but with Damian is now leaning plea. I dont know what you got planned tonight but family time at the mansion please. I even called Q. He is coming." I hung it up and shot her a quick txt that ill be there. Ive been staying at the FourSeasons in Brickell. I just cant live there and at the first hearing the lawyer got my mom case threw out and then Damian dumb ass spazzes in court back in August and well that didn't look innocent to the judge so his case is moving forward. I been keeping distance because A, I dont wanna be caught up in it and B, I fear Imma just come right out and ask for the fucking truth.

My phone started ringing and it was Nate. I quickly answered and he exhaled, "Start teaching they said. It will be fun they said. So why I am 3 months in and a day away from doing a line."

"NATE! ARENT YOU STILL THERE?" I asked him as I started changing as he laughed, "Yess decorating my room for Halloween...but its late as fuck it aint no kids here. Please tell me you are free tonight I got 2 "free drinks" before 12 pass at Colby's Aqua Lounge in their Hotel."

"As much as I would love to I cant. My mom wants family time. It isn't looking good for Damian. And how are you dealing with the Eli situation?" I asked his straight up. I went over to his Loft unannounced and saw these two in role play fucking in the living room dressed as Wizards....I told him he needed to tell Paulina but it isn't my place. Im learning to stay in my own lane.

"Its no Eli situation. He is a grown ass man that makes his own decisions. He hasnt thought of a single drug since he has moved in with me. He is good and as far as I am concerned its better than any treatment center. It comes with free warm bussy morning noon and night." Nate explained as I rolled my eyes and laughed, "just keep an eye on him and just try to talk him into just talking with his sister. We both saw her at brunch last Sunday being very over the top and rude to workers and customers. This is stressing sis lace wig off her scalp."