PHASE 3; PART 3

Part 3

Part 3: In My Own Flesh.

Kareem.

"Mom I promise Ill be there. I told Q to make sure he at Sunday dinner as well. I should be hearing pots and shit." I told her as I sat down a bench in the Art district. I sipped from my Starbucks cups as she laughed, "Im starting soon. Waiting for Damian to come back with the Honey Ham. I am just outback watching DJ play in the pool. Did you go to the service yesterday?"

"No. I had a shift and Nate decided to just stop by the burial once it was all over. I heard from Q that it was beautiful." I told her as I saw Dallas walking out of the Tom Ford store across from the bench. I stood up and quickly rushed her off the phone. I stood up and walked over towards him as I smiled and stated, "Did they have it?"

"Yup and my elite membership with them got me a free tailor it would be ready before the Blue In Miami Brunch Convention...did you find what you were looking for in Fendi?" He asked as he entangled his strong arm around mine as we continued down the cobblestone ground.

"No but they had the puff jacket from Nicki Minaj collection and I sort of got that...good news I am switching my schedule to be your date to your convention." I told him as his eyes stretched and he smiled.

"Damn! That is great..I was gonna beg until you said yes." He said as we both laugh. I put the green straw back inside my mouth and he asked, "What changed your mind about going? No offense but we dont talk about my job as much—and if we do its the small smirks and quick smiles. I get the sense you dont like the cops."

"Its not that! I would be dumb to say majority of people in blue nowadays dont do amazing work. However, with all the recent killings nationally and the broken system makes me a bit on edge but" We both stopped as we turned to one another. He looked down in my eyes and I smiled. I reached down and grabbed his huge hand and continued, "you are one of the good ones."

"I needed that because as of late since I moved up in rankings its more of a political game." He told me as I squinted and replied, "This the emergency you had the other night at dinner before I went with Nate..."

"Yes so a case I was working was recently paused and halted! Now my director trying to take another route but its off books" He vaguely said as my heart started beating fast. Shit, I thought Monty at least did one good thing before his ass died and that was get the FBI off of Deuce back.

"What you meant off book? Could you get in trouble?" I questioned.

"Yes! He wants to go after this known criminal family in Palmetto who he thinks had a hand in this massacre of Armenians." He told me as my eyes stretched and I laughed, "Isnt that like a reach..what a case about a miami drug lord has to do with dead Armenians."

"He wants to pay that family in Palmetto a visit...if they got ties with said miami druglord it could explain why the Armenian mob was just all killed. Its just a-lot but with my boss bosses telling him this case close Im scared if we go this route and nothing comes of it ill be on desk duty." He explained as I quickly tossed the Starbucks cup in the trash and replied, "Well be careful. If you think with your gut like I do..go with it." He leaned down and kissed my lips as I closed my eyes and relished in his sexy ass lips. I feel so damn bad in the position this all puts me in. If he finds out those Armenians was killed due to kidnapping me and coming for James I can be arrested—-I needed to talk to Q tonight!

"Soo lunch?" He asked.

"Yes ill do an appetizer and a drink or 3–since you cant make dinner at the mansion." I told him as he pouted, "bae I got to hop on the road to meet my team and director in Palmetto."