PHASE 3; PART 2

PHASE 3

Part 2: Are you awake?

Maxine's 2.0

"Ohh baby boy you look so freaking peacefully." Paulina mumbled as she stared down at Eli's body in the casket. She exhaled as she admired how great the funeral home had done his body. She felt a cold hand against her shoulder in her strapless dress. She turned and seen the Captain. Her eyes stretched wide as she didn't expect him to come. She had treated him like shit the last couple of months since Eli went AWOL.

"You came?" She asked.

"Your girls literally came to the firehouse. And made sure my ass was gonna come. Wow, he looks great" he told her as she turned to the casket again and exhaled, "Yes. And it sucks my family couldn't put their hate for me aside to be here."

Suddenly, Kira came rushing into the back room and gasped, "Paulina?" Paulina turned and faced her and asked, "Whats wrong?"

"The chicken! Its burned. Stefanie dumb self forgot to pull it out the ovens."

"OH MY GOD! What are people to eat?" She gasped as the Captain grabbed her hand telling her not to panic. Kira walked up to them and said, "like he said calm down. Give me your keys and ill go and get some chicken. People are arriving and you need to be here." She grabbed her Chanel bag from the chair and went into it. She tossed her keys to Kira and stated, "don't crash my baby. Im in the Tesla tonight." Kira smiled and rushed off.

Kira came out into the club and seen Q over by the bar ordering a drink. She walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and smiled as he leaned down and kissed her lips.

"Ill be back. We have a food emergency. Just make sure she stays calm. The Captain here so she should be good."

"You want to me to ride?" Q asked as she quickly told him, "no. I should be good."  Kira told him as she rushed off and he admired her ass.

Meanwhile, Nate blew smoke from his mouth as the passenger door opened. Kareem sat down and stared at him , "Are you okay?"

"Bitch hell no. I had this joint saved in my glove compartment and I need it. I don't want to see none of these people"

"And we don't have to. You are here to pay your respects and thats it. We can walk in and you can see Eli. Because no matter what and how the bread it cut—he gave more than crumbs about you." Kareem told his bestfriend. He grabbed his hand and sat up in the chair and Nate replied, "I just feel bad! I was suffocating with him there."

"He didnt know that. You were there for him when no one else could be." Kareem told him as Nate exhaled and confessed, "I was literally coming home that day to tell him that he needed to go and I got there and saw him splattered on the concrete. I am like would he have done that if I kicked him out. I didn't really know his mental state enough to not even know he could do something like that."

"That isn't your fault. You chose to be there for him emotionally. How many months was he there? If anybody got to take blame its Paulina, Roddy, and Deuce ass for hunting him down like he was some damn convict so give me this" Kareem took the joint and rolled the window and tossed it and he heard, "Whaat the fuck?" He looked out and saw Deuce. They both hopped out and Kareem quickly apologized, "Im sorry about the joint. Didnt see anyone out here." Kareem and Deuce stared at each other and Deuce temper calmed down and he spoke, "its cool. Im glad you came because we need to talk. I know it was a bit heated—"

"Not here for that. Im here for support of my bestfriend."

"Im ready, Kareem." Nate said as he sprayed cologne on himself. Kareem walked around the hood as Deuce called out to him, "Karey!" Nate grabbed his hand as he exhaled and stated, "it seems you need some support tonight too."