PHASE 3; PART 4

PHASE 3

Part 4: COUNTRY CLUB CHAOS.

Kareem.

"I still cant believe you are actually movingggg" I told my mom as she was packing her vases into a brown box on top of the island counter. She wrapped it with paper and exhaled, "Its needed. You will be fine. I am going to find the perfect house that sits on. lake or something and when it snows  Ill be over the moon. You will be visiting alot."

"If alot means every two weeks." I told her as we both laughed and came around the corner and we hugged and she rubbed my back and stated, "your life track turned and made a sharp left to accommodate me. Im fine. You have always wanted to go back to California! Go and do that."

"I cant. Coming back home wasn't only about you. It has been literally eye opening for so much more. Nate's here. Q and I are together now with Damian and my nephew—." I stopped talking and she chuckled, "And Dallas? Or you still pining and holding out for that James Cartier. The best of both worlds you are living."

"MOM!" I shouted as she shot me a look and tied her hair back in a bun. She put one hand on her hip and stated, "oh pleaseeee one is a literal terror and one stops terrors. Both are great. Who will you choose? Its like a damn telenovela. All I want is for you to be happy."

"And I am happily with Dallas." I told her trying to convince her not to believe anything else. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "then thats good. Pass me that Coffee Maker before you try to keep it for yourself."

"Girl I use my Keurig. All the mechanics on that machine for one brew is too much sis." I told her as my phone started ringing before me. I looked down and seen DALLAS. I quickly grabbed it and rushed out on the back patio of my brand new house that is officially mine.

"Hello." I spoke as he chuckled, "Finishing up my barbers right now. Waiting to pay. I wanted to know what time to be by your place to pick you up for the Blue In Miami Convention." I had totally forgot that was tonight. Its been a crazy 5 days getting my mom prepared and shit to leave.

"Dont tell me you forgot." He added.

"Oh come on! I told you I was coming. I was distracted by a bug. 6 fine? What time is starts?" I asked and lied for no apparent reason other than not wanting him to know I did forget.

"Ill be there 6 sharp. The location was moved to a country club in Palmetto." He told me as I quickly remembered his boss was secretly in Palmetto with him and a team scoping out a country club.

"Is this the place?"

"Yup. My director swung some old favors and got it changed to there so we can do some spying"

"So this isnt you introducing me to your police buddies this is you trying to work while you are supposed to be celebrating." I argued with him lowkey annoyed. He quickly went to making shit up and I just quickly agreed and hung up. I walked back inside and went into the kitchen as I heard my mom on the phone.

"Ill be flying out on Friday Morning. I cant wait to see you too."

I quickly leaned against the wall as I heard her chuckle and speak again, "I met you thru a very trying time in Orlando but I legit couldn't keep our conversation out of my head. Then you flew her three times and every time just felt different..then you offered me a partnership at a cafe in Canada. Its just what I needed all at the right time. Let me finish getting these boxes together. Ill FaceTime you later, baby." I smiled because I heard the care in my moms voice and she deserves to be happy. She been thru so much shit and if a man is flying her out and doing all this go for it....niggas like that come rarer than a blue diamond from Garlandia. I watched a documentary on Hulu last week about the last standing African royal family in Africa. It was amazinggg lowkey.