Chapter 27, Untitled

Hanabi's  P.O.V

At this very moment, everyone was looking at me. They didn't know what shocked them the most. Whether it was my violent act or the apparent fact that I, a Namikaze posses the Uchiha dōjutsu.

The Sharingan...

Kakashi was shockingly taking in the sight of my supposed crimson eyes. The way he was staring send shivers down my spine.

"You've...awakened...the...Sharingan...", Kakashi's voice was a hushed whisper.

My vision had gotten ten times better and I was just as astonished as everyone else was. My eyes were widened as I managed to ask, "...but...but...how...?".

"Oh my god..", Kakashi let go of my shoulders and looked past my crimson eyes where a voice emanated.

"What's going on here?!"

I turned around in a rush, my heart raced fast. A chill scattered through me, and the adrenaline rush was rapid as my eyes fell upon members of the Uchiha Police Force. They marched their way to the crime scene and began taking in the sight before them.

Suddenly, my vision had returned normal.

Sharingan deactivated.

The bustle had fell silent and the Uchiha Police Force inspected the scene. The man, who I assumed was the leader narrowed his murky eyes and darted his gaze to me. His eyes traveled down as he inspected my bloody knuckles.

"Did you do this?", he stepped closer, and pointed at the shopkeeper I've just beat up. To say that I was scared was an understatement. My mind was still processing the fact that I have a Sharingan. How could that even be? I don't even look like an Uchiha.

What will I do now?

I suddenly start to zone out as my mind wanders to Minato and Kushina. Then my eyes widen in recall as I remember the file that Itachi stole for me. I didn't get the time to check it out...

"I'm talking to you", the Uchiha cop growled at me, snapping me out of my train of thought, "did you do this?".

His voice was stern and demanding and in my current shocked state I was unable to supply him with an answer. I heard that the Police Force were getting more brutal lately and the thought rendered me speechless and immobile.

I only stared back at him. All that's happened in this short moment was so sudden. How can I possibly posses the Sharingan? Who really were my parents?

The cop in front of me kept demanding more answers to his questions all the while my tongue was tied in knots. The bustle of people around me started answering the cop's questions. Everyone blaming me for protecting a kid. To my surprise, Naruto had jumped to my defense as he urged the Police Force that I wasn't to blame.

The cop in front of me dismissed everyone else's voice as he demanded mine, this time he was a little more agitated, "Answer me, did you do this or not?!".

His agitated voice made my breath heave and his demanding tone made me answer automatically.

"Y-yes"

His expression altered, a frown had formed on his face and it had took me a moment to process what had happened. Kakashi had yelled my name out loud, when the cop's fist came jabbing at the side of my face.

The taste of metal filled my tastebuds before I had involuntarily spit it out. My hand immediately flew to my cheek as I stared up at the man in fear. From my peripheral vision I saw Kakashi getting restrained by two cops before he could lunge forward to my defense.

Moments later I was clutching my other cheek since he added more magnitude to his second jab. Fresh blood had gushed out of my mouth immediately.

Tears had welled up in my eyes as I tried to make sense of everything that has happened so far. This is so frustrating, how did I end up with a Sharingan?

My body was still immobile as I stared up at the cop. The only thing that moved were my warm tears, which streamed down my face. Kakashi's voice seemed almost distant as I witnessed the third jab coming straight to strike my nose.

My teeth gritted against each other as I urged my body to move. The best I could do was to to wiggle my fingers slightly.

The third jab strikes me square in the face, leaving me clutching a bloody nose.

Now I'm really irritated.

The third jab had returned me back to reality. I clenched my jaw and balled my fist. I was aiming at his face just like he did with mine. My speed had already given me the upper advantage if it weren't for him activating his Sharingan. Therefore, foreseeing all my attacks at once. He caught my petite fist with his gigantic hand, and tightened his grip on my fist then twisted it, earning a cry from me.

Kakashi was still struggling to break free.

"Don't think that just because you're a girl you get off the hook easily", he hissed at me, his eyes growing with rage, "defying the Police Force is a serious crime and you'll get what you deserve".

He positioned his other fist in order to swing another jab and I braced myself for immediate impact.

This jab was the final blow that left me tumbling back. I coughed up some blood and faltered. Eventually, I completely lost my balance and was about to fall on the ground when he took a fistful of my shirt, pulling me closer.

He forced me to look him in the eyes and that's when I panicked. His eyes were crimson red, immediate contact meant that I got ensnared in his Genjutsu.

I screamed at the top of my lungs when my body felt like it was getting stabbed endlessly. Is this what hell is like? There was absolutely no escape from this. All my screams felt muffled.

And just when my eyelids had felt heavy from this encounter I felt myself engulfed in someone's chest. A protective arm around my shoulder.

Sweat had dripped down my face and I panted rapidly. When I managed to open my eyes a little bit I saw the cop prostrated on the ground, clutching his side.

"I'll deal with you later", my eyes had shifted up where a glare rested on Shisui's face as he growled these words. My eyes glistened with gratitude, but there was pang in my chest.

I immediately felt guilty.

It's one thing for an ordinary person to defy the Police Force, it's another thing when a member defies the very rules they're supposed to keep in check.

Shisui had ordered the bustle to break apart and go about their day. He then proceeded to lean near my ear and whisper, "You'll be taken into police custody now, don't panic and whatever you do don't give in to their mind tricks"

"Mind tricks?", I whispered.

"They'll try some sort of Genjutsu".

When my eyes lowered they were immediately met with the cop's hateful Sharingan.

What is all this leading to? Why do I keep getting myself in trouble? What'll be the outcome of all of this?

___________________________________

A/N:- I kinda got used to writing the filler chapters over these ten days span, please excuse this short chapter. I'll get to work immediately once I upload this chapter! Much love!

~A