Chapter 12, One That Appears Once

Shisui's P.O.V

After splashing and scrubbing my face with the cold water from the river I collapsed on the ground instantly. My chakra has been exhausted from fighting Danzo's Anbu troops. My physical state was somewhat of a mess, but I am still mentally stable.

My eyes wander the dull moon, my questions demanding to be answered. The wind howled in a whistle of a nice melody and I couldn't help but close my eyes and listen intently. The image of Hanabi and Itachi popped in my head as it kept executing over and over again.

If it weren't for them I'd be long gone...

Hanabi Namikaze huh?

I must've been lucky that Itachi managed to find someone like her. The feel of her tight grip from earlier is engraved in my shoulder. She gripped my shoulder like her life depended on it. Well technically, my life depended on it.

If it weren't for her, Itachi and I couldn't get the chance to execute our plan...

Involving someone like Hanabi in our plans might be for the better. There's a lesson that Itachi didn't get a chance to learn due to his pacifist thinking and the pressure placed on him from both sides. I'm afraid that someday Itachi might just snap from all the pressure and burdens that weigh him down.

I gaze into the night in admiration, grinning to myself in recall. This is the perfect time for someone like Hanabi Namikaze to enter into our lives. She's determined, that's a notable attribute that you spot right away. Danzo must be banging his head against the wall because as long as we have Hanabi it's a losing game for him. If Hanabi is willing to give it her all I feel like there's still hope for the Uchiha and the village.

If she could just teach Itachi the lesson I've so desperately tried to teach him, then maybe Itachi's view about a lot of things could change. 

I lay on the moist grass comfortably, dreading the idea of getting up and going back to my messed up life. Unwillingly I sat up straight, catching a curt breath as I spotted the two figures from my peripheral vision. Hanabi and Itachi treaded closer to me. Hanabi was holding tight on an odd looking kunai, it took me a moment to notice that it's the marking kunai that the Fourth Hokage utilized during his battles.

"Shisui, are you done?", Itachi inquires, the moonlight falling on his face, illuminating his eyes.

The sight of him next to Hanabi was like an abstract painting, contrasting between two pure elements of nature.

Lightning and Fire.

"Yeah I'm done", I reply back as soon as I rose up to my feet. The wind grew colder by the second. The clouds assembled in manner that suggested a promising night filled with rain and thunder. After I was done admiring the night sky I alter my stare to Hanabi and Itachi, and informed , "Itachi, we have to get to the Uchiha district before Danzo tails us".

He simply nods, "I was thinking the same thing", he remarked, a cold breeze whisked away his long dark strands. I turn my attention to our new comrade and ask:

"Hanabi do you think you could make it to the village safely?", my brows crease in concern as I managed to see through the tough act she's putting on. Earlier, I saw her disturbed chakra network with my Sharingan and it's not reassuring. It seemed like this Teleportation Technique had a hand in her current exhausted physical state.

"Yeah! Totally", she blurted, a grin plastered on her face.

I sighed and face palmed. I almost caught Hanabi off guard when I abruptly flashed her my activated Sharingan, inspecting different parts of her chakra network that have been disturbed.

"I can clearly see your disturbed  chakra network, Hanabi. You're in no shape to go off on your own", I remark, taking a moment to deactivate my Sharingan before I look at them again.

"Come on now, we'll all be going to the Uchiha district", I declare out loud, snapping Itachi out of his trance. Hanabi's brows rose up, her expression suggesting that she was clearly taken back by what I said.

"What?", she asked, dumbfounded .

"You heard me", I say, focusing my gaze elsewhere, "we're all heading to the Uchiha District. One thing we should all have concluded about Danzo Shimura  by now is that he only makes his moves when shadows have fallen over the village, covering up his crimes just perfectly".

"But-but I've never been to the Uchiha District before",  Hanabi whispers to herself, looking elsewhere. The chuckle that eludes Itachi takes me back by surprise. This is the first time in a long time that I've seen his eyes give away a hint of life.

"Don't worry about about it, Hanabi", he smiles genuinely, "the Uchiha District is also a part of the Hidden Leaf. It's not off limits for anyone", he assures her, earning a faint smile from her.

"Well I hope that settles it", I say, looking at Hanabi, as I wait for an answer from her. I don't exactly know what the elders of the district would think of an outsider that visits at this time of the night, but we'll just make up an excuse for Hanabi's stay.

"Fine...", she mumbled feeling a bit nervous about my suggestion.

"Great, let's get going then".

***
Along our journey to the Uchiha District, I kept sensing Hanabi's dwindling physical strength, however she kept on concealing it. Danzo seemed to get off our case for the night, since we managed to get away. The more we kept walking, the clearer the Uchiha District came into view. The gates were opened as usual, mostly welcoming those of the Uchiha clan. But if we're trying to show that the Uchihas mean no harm to the village, then Hanabi's stay for the night must be prioritized and vice -versa.

This could be to our advantage, a chance to show our clan that the leaf means no harm as well. Hanabi really did save us so much trouble. Now that my eyes haven't been plucked out of their sockets, I can perform my visual prowess on the Uchiha leaders if they refuse to negotiate before jumping into any conclusions. After all, Danzo did declare me as 'One That Appears Once Every Generation'.

I'm still skeptical whether I want to take pride in what he said or not.

As we tread closer to the gates of the Uchiha District, the police force that guard the entrance gate immediately tensed up the moment they spotted the blonde Namikaze with us.

We have to be careful not to prone them.

——————————————————————————
A/N:- Again, sorry for the short chapter but I was a bit busy today. So how did you like Shisui's P.O.V? Should I do more of him? Also I've managed to create Hanabi's back story which will be revealed in future chapters as FILLER. Yes, you heard me right! When I don't feel like writing any canon plot I'll hit you up with interesting filler chapters that cover most of Hanabi's childhood and her time with our beloved Yellow Flash. It won't disappoint!!

~A