Chapter 105, Spiralling Void

The three tomoe of my Sharingan spun after one another in a loop, before finally merging into the sophisticated yin-yang pattern, with blades flaring out. The air was tense and strict around us. And Naruto's eyes flared with crimson as his whiskers boldened.

His nails grew like a beast's and he was on all four limbs. I clench my jaw and stare at Naruto with narrowed eyes. Perilously, I dart my eyes to Shisui and inquire, "you're not putting him under Genjutsu are you?", I demanded in a stern voice, earning an intense look from him before he finally replied.

"Nothing of that sort, Hanabi"

I let my gaze linger to the scars I left on his body from my attack that day. I had no choice, but to get my point across one way or another. Though I do genuinely feel bad, and I hope he forgives me for this.

"What's the plan, we're running out of time here...", Itachi informs, putting us on edge from anticipation.

"Even in this state of the transformation, he's still highly dangerous. Whatever it is that triggered the Nine-Tails's chakra to slip, you best believe it'll keep slipping like that until...", Shisui breathes out heavily, not wanting to resume that sentence.

"Tenzo, the Wood Style user was dispatched on this rescue mission as well, he'll track us down using the seeds Itachi and I swallowed earlier. Till then, we'll have to fend off the Nine Tails that's taking over Naruto"

"He's simply warming up in this boiling state", Itachi remarked.

"Stay on alert, we have to fend off the Nine-Tails without hurting Naruto", Shisui ordered.

The three of us took position once we witnessed Naruto's tails adding up to a total of three.

"This is bad", Itachi said.

"No kidding".

"Both of you", Shisui announced, "in short, this terrain might be destroyed due to the Nine-Tails's attack. I've witnessed it first-hand eleven years ago, the impact of the chakra bomb that it generates is destructive and fatal".

"I recall that...", I blurt out in a gasp, "soon he'll lose consciousness, he won't be in control of what he'll do. He can annihilate the entire terrain for goodnesses sake"

"Which is exactly why we have to level up", Shisui declares, earning sternly determined expressions from us.

"You don't say..."

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying", Shisui affirmed, making me breath out exasperatedly.

I look back at the boiling red chakra that encroaches Naruto and feel my heart sink. Obito's words must've left its mark on him. They were harsh after all...

Naruto suddenly glares at us and crumbles a fist in the dirt before lowering his body.

"Itachi, Hanabi, remember, it all depends on what we do to fend him off. Toss your doubts aside, everyone here is at risk", Shisui informs, making me feel uneasy.

"Hanabi, I am sorry for whatever that has happened to you that awakened your Mangekyo, but even Naruto is at risk here", he elaborates, earning a heavy breath from me, "remember? This is something you've wanted"

"I do", I sternly say as I glue my eyes back to the sphere of boiling red chakra.

"So you two are ready to take this leap?", he inquires.

Once again, no words were needed to be exchanged between Itachi and I, because all this time we've spend it risking it all.

"Here goes nothing", Itachi muttered under his breath, and I scrunched my eyes.