Chapter 102, All That Time Couldn't Heal

I hold onto my breath from anticipation, every inch of my body was drenched in adrenaline. Itachi had managed to generate water out of thin air, where he began to mould it in the shape of a dragon.

Of course, the two of us were aiming for merging our attacks together, resulting in an electrified dragon that should suffice against Kabuto.

Kabuto's lips part ajar for a moment as I catch a glimpse of Obito who was in total anticipation. I strengthen the flow of Lightning chakra in my palm as I concentrate it thoroughly.

Water clearly is a conductor of electricity, which makes this attack all the more convenient. He can try to concentrate his chakra in one place again. Hell he can try to form another chakra membrane.

Once this deadly attack sinks in, his body will catch the sparks of Lightning. He'll be electrified nonetheless.

"Hanabi we have to be careful when merging our attacks", Itachi starts, earning my attention, "you don't naturally have Water release and I don't naturally have Lightning release, we'll have to keep constant concentration and focus solely on this attack, otherwise if it gets out of hand, it won't end pretty for us".

I inhale in a deep breath and let my face get illuminated by the light of my Chidori, before I respond back, "Understood"

"Keep firm control on the flow of the Lightning in your palm, don't let it out of hand. Moreover, make sure it is stabilised when merging with the water dragon. The offensive all depends on the Lightning sparks"

"Got it", I say before keeping a firmly concentrated flow on the Lightning in my palm.

Itachi moulds out the dragon with details, making it look almost too real.

"What is this?", I heard Obito mutter to himself, which I disregarded completely. If Obito decides to barge into the fight as well, then things will get all the more complicated.

It doesn't matter how much it pains me to see someone like him turn out this way. In the end of the day, he's still the villan behind many of the heinous crimes ever committed.

"Hanabi", Itachi says, to which I seal my lips together and step up. I waved a dismissive handful of Chidori in the dragon's direction, setting it ablaze.

My sparks of Chidori were caught simultaneously by the dragon, making it light up the murkiness of this place.

"Prepare to die", I growl at Kabuto who had his eyes wide at this sudden sight.

I give Itachi one last glance to which he hands me a faint smile before asking, "what should we name it?"

This is definitely a Kekki Genkai attack. Merging Lightning with Water makes up a perfect deadly strike.

"How about Lightning Beast?", I inquire, earning a side smirk from him.

I know the time isn't suitable for this, but oh god why did I blush?

"Lightning beast it is then", he mutters under his breath before gesturing for me to keep the balance with this Kekki Genkai attack.

I inhale in a deep breath then focus my Lightning chakra again. I balance out our Kekki Genkai attack as the two of us brace ourselves for what is yet to come.

There was no signal needed at all, because along merging our chakra natures, we'd subconsciously merged our instincts together as well. That's the whole basis of trust.

And so without another word, without another last glance, our arms moved in sync as we send our plunging attack at the speed of light.

Kabuto looked so in shock to the point where there was absolutely no mistake about it. I'd held my breath all the while witnessing this deadly attack.