⚝Alternate Ending⚝

Hey guys! I know that most of you hate me for killing Konno, so I decided to write an alternate ending where she survives. I consider this a fanfic for my fanfic lol, but it isn't canon to the story. She is still dead and all, but this is like a what if scenario about if she lived through the storm. I hope you enjoy this alternate ending! And thank you all for reading this and commenting! It means the world to me!

 I hope you enjoy this alternate ending! And thank you all for reading this and commenting! It means the world to me!

The winds had gotten wilder. They pushed and pulled the water to and fro, away and toward. The boat shuddered against the crashing waves. Frigid water splashed against Konno, biting her skin like a rabid animal. She didn't know when the storm started, but it seemed like it was at its zenith.

Dark storm clouds crowded across the sky, blocking the moonlight from breaking through. Rain sliced down toward Konno. Each droplet felt like a knife against her skin. Her hair whipped around her head, slapping her on the cheeks.

Konno was terrified. She hadn't ever been on a boat during a bad storm. If only she were near land so she could dock and find shelter. But as far as she could see, deep blue water raged around her. A tightness settled into her chest just as a bolt of lightning flashed across the dark sky. She knew something was going to happen that night. However, she didn't think it was going to be good.

She gripped her bag tightly in her hands. She was afraid the wind would take it away from her. Hawky huddled under her seat, his wings quaking in fear. His squawks echoed across the barren ocean.

With a sudden rush, the boat convulsed as the waves crashed against it. For a split second, she thought the boat was going to tip over. However, it settled down again. The wind died down for a minute, allowing her to catch her breath. Nothing about this was right. She should've been close to the Northern Water Tribe. They usually didn't have storms like this.

This storm felt so familiar. So familiar, so strange. And in a flash of lightning, she knew. It was the recurring dream she kept having. The same dream that kept getting harder and harder to wake up from. The same dream that she had almost every night leading up to the Invasion. It meant something, and now she knew.

The wind swirled around her, pushing the boat around. Suddenly, the moonlight broke through the dark clouds, slicing right down toward her. She knew what was to come. But she wasn't ready. She didn't think she would ever be ready. She still had a life ahead of her. She needed to see Katara again. And Aang. And Sokka.

"Hawky!" she shouted. "You have to fly away! I promise that you'll be safe!"

She lifted him up and threw him into the air. He shrieked before flapping his wings. He caught the air and soared up higher and higher. The farther he got, the harsher the winds down here were. The boat creaked as it tried to hold itself together. But Konno knew it wouldn't.

Time seemed to slow down as the boat flipped over. With a gasp, her head submerged under the frigid waves. The moonlight fractured through the water, piercing her gaze. Her body sunk slowly toward the depths, but her arms worked. She didn't want to die. She wasn't ready to die yet. She still had so much more to live for. Didn't Death know that? Bubbles rose above her as she let out a terrified breath. Her body went limp because she wasn't getting any oxygen to her brain and body.