Extended Summary + Playlist

SUMMARY OF BOOK THREE

Everything about their situation was wrong. Konno and her friends were supposed to get the Earth King's help for the Day of Black Sun. They were supposed to be safe and healthy. One of them wasn't supposed to die. 

After fleeing from Ba Sing Se, Konno and her friends picked up a few extra people for assistance to help Aang recuperate. With their help, they captured a Fire Nation ship to survive on for the time being so they could be inconspicuous while Aang recovered. 

During that time, her and Sokka grew closer. They finally had time to talk about their feelings for each other. And after everything they had been through together, they finally decided to start dating. Doubts still plagued her mind, but she was stronger now. She knew she could handle it

She just didn't know if she could handle loving him.

As the Invasion drew closer, Konno grew more and more anxious. There was something about that day that terrified her, but she didn't know why. Maybe she was homesick. That had to be it. Konno decided to head back home to see her parents after the Day Of Black Sun. She needed to close old wounds by herself.

Konno always thought going home would be the hardest thing to do, but it was the easiest decision she had ever made in her life.

PLAYLIST

safe by banners; "you're calling me home like a ship that got wrecked. i know there's always a place for you and i. a place where every word that you say can save my life."

ocean by lady a; "all I wanna do is swim, but the waves keep crashin' in. no, I'm not afraid to drown." 

magnet by picture this; "you're a magnet to me. a lighthouse from the sea, and I don't know if i can resist the pull and the electricity."

don't hold me by dean lewis; "i know it's hard to replace, but the feelings that you had for me will one day be erased. and you will learn to move on, like footprints in the snow are lost when the winter's gone."

lighthouse by michael schulte; "turning 'round like a tide, the whole world's in my arms tonight."

moondust (stripped) by jaymes young; "colder than the darkest sea. i have dreams about the days, driving through your sunset breeze. but the first thing, that i will do is bury my love for you."

stranger by nico collins; "drowning in the low, carried by the undertow."

loving you by hunter hayes; "i can't sleep, it's like i'm trying to breathe underwater. recovery is taking me so much longer."

everything i wanted by billie eilish; "i tried to scream, but my head was underwater. they called me weak like I'm not just somebody's daughter."

bottle you up by zendaya; "i'll drink it up and you're alive in me. then i could put it away, save it for a rainy day, wish i could bottle you up."

on my own by ross lynch; "i wanna send and take this wave and ride into a brighter day."

can't you see by why don't we; "loving you never was in the plan. stuck in your ways, i sink in your sand."

rush by the catching; "there's something about her, there's something about us, there's something about you that makes me feel some sort of rush."

This amazing aesthetic was made by the wonderful Sophie from thesterlings

Warning: There are mentions of anxiety, depression, and death in this. Read at your own risk.

Here is the original cover:

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I only own Konno, her friends, and her story.