17

tw: there may be a scene talking about blood and all. not sure if i should put a tw in case but here it is. i will put another warning before i start. 

whats happening? the sensation of pins and needles on my back hurt. i couldnt move my arms. my eyes were heavy and i couldnt open them. when i tired a bright light blocked my vision.

"veruna!"a million voices shouted.

my head was pounding. it hurt so much. i was hurting all over.

i felt myself drift away. 

"veruna stay with us!"

* a couple hours later*

"err." i groaned. 

i opened my eyes. i was in a dim hospital room-. hospital. oh shit. oh no oh no. wait.

i turned to my side. someone else was besides me, but my vision wasnt all back so i couldnt recognize anyone or anything. i looked at my hands...different tubes going here and there.

a tall woman opened the door with papers in her hand.she slowly walked towards me giving me a slight smile.

"hello veruna."

"what happened?!" i frantically asked.

"you and*looks at paper* darren criss, the man on this bed got into a car accident.

an accident? how?!

"how? what?"

"youre lucky you had surveillance cameras all around you when this happened. we had offficers check out several cameras and well a truck hit you. the truck ran a red light while you and youre friend were passing."

"how is he? is he going to be alright?" my voice cracked.

"we're running more tests. from what we see youre in perfect condition, but to make sure we want to keep you here until tomorrow morning. darren...not so really. he may have to stay longer. we did x-rays and he has two broken ribs."

i could feel myself tearing up.

"whats going to happen to him? os he go-oing to di-e?!"

"oh dont worry. he should be fine *looks at darren*, because of his broken ribs hes going to have trouble breathing for a bit. coughing and shortness of breath, etc. hes going to need a lot of rest and breathing practices. medication as well."

"what happened?"

"look...i have to go. i wasnt there and our officers are filling reports. ill have someone come down and talk to you."

*warning: mention of blood*

i kept my eyes on darren. his forehead and forearm covered in blood. darrens cheek has a bandage with blood seeping through. what happened? i thought to myself. 

"darren!", i whispered.

"psssst darren."

calling his name felt useless. he looks so bad right now.

an officer came in, anastasia next to him.

"oh my god veruna!", she cried.

she came over to my side and hugged me. it hurt a little but it was nice seeing her.

"im so sorry i didnt come anytime sooner. i - i just-."

i cut her off.

"its fine do-ont worry."

she turned around to look at darren and then back at me and then at the officer.