06

we had 1 hour left. it's currently 4:19am. we might hit early traffic. like i said there's lot of traveling and we're going slower and slower as we get closer to los angeles.
annie and darren are both still asleep.
darren moves a lot though and annie started snoring so loudly earlier it was scary. i have never heard he snore so loud in the several years of our friendship i couldn't help but laugh.
i'm so hungry, but we're so close to getting home i just want to be on my bed fast asleep.

*14 minutes later*

"someone was tired." i giggled as i saw annie waking up.

"girl-.",she rolled her eyes," i probably look like a mess right now. leave me alone."

"hey you've been asleep 99% of the time during this trip."

darren heard us talking and woke up. he fixed himself up on the seat and yawned.

"what time is it?", he groaned. he stretched, his shirt lifting up a little. how cute.

"uh it's 4:33 am right now. we aren't moving much. i think traffics really bad up further."

"mmh. well i'm going back to sleep.",annie said.

darren took his phone out looking up how long it would take us to get out of traffic.

"looks like we'll be here till 6. there's been a big accident up ahead."

wow.

"i'm hungry.", he added.

"same here.", i said trying to stretch my legs.

it was getting colder. the car was warm, but i'm never warm i'm always cold no matter what.

"are you okay?", darren asked looking worried.

"yeah", i laughed," i'm really cold."

darren unbuckled his seatbelt quickly and reached for something in the back seat. he took out a solid dark green hoodie and handed to me.

"oh no it's fine, thank you though."

"take it. i have so many hoodies don't worry about me."

i blushed. he looked at me and smiled. oh no you think he noticed? one thing i dislike about myself is i get really red when in situations like this although they never happen, but still. i look like a cherry sometimes.
i put it on quickly. my hair got in my face so i tried fixing it.

we started moving...time was passing really slow, but yet, so fast at the same time.
it was now 5:31am.

"are you hungry?", darren asked.

"very.",looking back at him, "maybe we could get denny's?", i asked.

"sounds good."

i pulled out my gps and made my way to denny's. there we all got off and ate. after we drove to another gas station that was near by.

"i'll be paying for the gas this time darren!"

"no veruna! don't be silly."

"fine.", i said getting out of the car to stretch.

darren made his way to the store to pay for the gas.
he hasn't gone far so i ran past him getting to the door before him. he caught up to me and stopped me grabbing my hand.

"veruna!",he looked at me straight in the eyes, "stop i said i would pay."

"not if i get the the cashiers first.", i winked.

is it that bad if i pay for the gas this time? he offered a ride to two strangers and now i needed to pay him back somehow. driving the rest of the way home wasn't going to be enough.

i went to the back of the store and grabbed a monster.

"hey.",a voice behind me said.

"yes darren?"

"thanks for laying for the gas."

"you offered us a ride,*grabs drink and closes fridge* to two strangers darren. two strangers. you don't even know us! anyways it's a lot and i appreciate all you've done for us."

"true, but thanks."

"no, thank you darren.", i said walking closer to hug him.

oh my-.

"i'm sorry about that...i-," why did i just hug him?

darren got red and scratched the back of his head.

"don't worry haha."

i walked to pay and left outside to pump the gas.
annie had went inside to use the restroom. from the corner of my eye i could see darren getting closer and closer to the car.

"hey," he said testing his hand on my shoulder, "i'll be driving the rest of the way home, anyway it's not that far. alright?"

"are you sure?"

"yeah get some rest. i'll be fine."

darren walked to the drivers seat as i got in the car.
annie was taking a while so we just talked.

"you seem pretty fun. honestly you've made my day."

"am i supposed to believe that so i can admire you even more?"

"did it work?"

"stop! hahaha."