09

*verunas pov*

fuck. i have a bad headache. *puts hand on forehead*

i grabbed my phone," oh my god i forgot about last night!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 notifications

imessage notifications (5)

darren: hey. how are you feeling?

darren: sorry about last night. i wouldve let you stay longer but you drank a little too much ahaha so i thought it would be best if i took you home.

darren: call or text me when you wake up :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i set my phone down and got up to use the restroom. as soon as i got done i headed towards the kitchen to find annie awake cooking and dancing at the same time.

"morning.". i groaned.

"good morning! someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"what time did i come back home?"

"hmm around 10 or 11. you were pretty drunk and...all over darren haha!"

"oh god."

"oh and i got a call this morning."

"from who?", i asked.

anastasias eyes widened.

"remember that job i interviewed for right after we got this apartment?"

"mhm."

"well...they accepted me!"

"oh my- anastasia! thats amazing!", i said while hugging her.

"i know," she jumped up and down, "they want me to go visit the workplace to get a tour of the place and meet the people. i have to leave by 9 to get there early."

"did you need me to help with anything?"

"no.", she said, "i just need you to rest. you look really...bad."

"i know i know."

"oh and darren told me to tell you to call him when you wake up."

"thanks and good luck!"

"thank youu!"

* 2 hours later*

i eventually fell asleep and took a shower. anastasia left about 10 minutes ago so now i have the apartment to myself for a while. i went to the kitchen and grabbed some of the boxes to unpack. there, i opened mine. i forgot i had kept all these stuff, his stuff.

three years ago i had met the guy named jonathan, really fun dude and well after a while we started dating. a year into the relationship he left me for someone else. i was in denial and didnt know what to do. i called anastasia and she moved in with me and since then we've lived together. i never gave him his stuff back for some reason. i had two of his shirts, three hoodies and some stuff he had given me. it was hard. i loved him so much it hurt me all over. it even hurt just thinking about him.

i jumped onto the bed and called darren.

"hey!", darren was panting.

"hey, what are you doing?"

"morning run...wanna join?"

"uh i actually just took a shower...hm maybe next time."

"sounds good. hey so howd you wake up?"

"alright. still have a minor headache."

"awe rest."

"am but did anything happen last night?"

"no. well yes actually. you became very drunk and asked if i was single."

"im so sorry!", i laughed.

"no worries."

"thanks for bringing me home by the way."

"of course anytime."

"well talk to you later. enjoy your run."

"will do and bye!"

"bye."

(520 words)

a/n: i hope me switching povs at times doesn't bother anyone. i just like to see what the other character is thinking about the situation they're in and who they're with just to get a perspective on how they feel ya know?