02

"annie!" i cried trying to stop her.

she walked past darren, throwing her coffee cup, but then, and only then did she wink at me and smiled.

i could see her talking to darren. i turned away quickly feeling myself get even more red. fuck! why! i got up and headed towards the restroom and shut the door behind me. i looked into the mirror and laugh nervously.

"this cant be happening!"

*heads back outside*

i couldnt believe my eyes. darren was sitting in my seat, at our table, ON MY SEAT! i make my eay to the table letting out a big sigh.

"hey," i put my hand out.

"hi," darren stands up shaking my hand.

"darren this is veruna. she has a big crush on you!"

"uh anastasia...," i give her a deadly look.

darren is blushing? he has to be used to this.

"dont be embarrassed please!" he laughs.

he sits back down, pulling out the chair next to him so i could sit.

"thank you."

"so veruna, tell me about yourself," darren sets his head on his hand.

"i think ill leave you two along. ill be buying some stuff for on the road ok? ok."

"ehh well what should i say?"

"hm," his brows furrowed, "anything...what you like...anything!"

i gave it a long think. i didnt know what to say. i didnt want to say the wrong things.

"im veruna and im 23 heading up to california. my friend, anastasia and i are actaully moving to los angeles. we found an apartment which we love. i think its gonna be a great fresh start for the both of us."

"interesting."

"what about you?"

"about me?" he asked with a confused face and giggled.

"im darren, 25. im actually heading up to los angeles too. im single, live alone and single,"

he said looking at me, winking.

"stop!" i laughed.

"what?!" he raised his arms in the air laughing.

"you keep winking."

"and whats wrong with that?"

"youre making me nervous."

"is that so."

"yes."

"veruna! im done."

i could see annie holding a bag of goodies, ready to leave. i wasnt ready though. this was amazing. im talking to the darren criss! never in a million years did i ever expect this.

"well looks like i gotta go," i shrug.

darren frowned.

"same here. nice talking to you!"

"bye.

"bye," i said hugging him.

he smelt so good oh my god.

i walked away turning around once, seeing darren give a slight smile and a wave.

"so veruna what happened."

"mh nothing too much,"

*walks outside*

"it was so fast we hardly talked. i did tell him about myself a little though."

"and no number?"

"annie..im not going to ask DARREN CRISS for his number. it just wont happen. even if i were to ask for it *inserts key into car* he probably would laugh it off and go on with his day."

*turns key and closes door*

"hey the car isnt starting."

"take it out and put it back in", annie says shivering.

*inserts keys, attempts again*

"still not working."

"what are we gonna do? im frezzing my ass off."

"ill call a tow truck?" i shrug.

"and how will we get home?"

"ill call my sister, maybe she can take us up there."

*annie turns around*

"looks whos coming."

(578 words)