6

Smiling apologetically at all of them Whitney put on her business face. She knew she was really good at it.

"I am sorry but Mrs Trent is not available now. If you can..."

Scoffing annoyingly one of the men who certainly was the leader glare at the secretary then at her.

"If she knew she will not be there why did she called to confirm it two hours ago?"

"I understand. But sir are you married? Do you have a family?... Then you can understand that. If things aren't good in trust me something can get wrong during the meeting making it not work as it will have if the mind was calm. Even the presidents call off even because of highly personal matters. No business being who loves their Love one will be fool enough to work in those circumstances. Even you."

The silence greeted her last words for at least a solid minutes the secretary looked like she was about to cry as her eyes landed on the bold young woman who didn't seemed to know the status of the man she was talking to everyone understood she didn't. Facing him to apologise on her behalf and the bank she met his weirdly calm eyes.

"Mr Delaney I'm going to..."

Understanding why his face was familiar to her brain, Whitney zoned a moment getting out of it when the woman whose name she didn't knew stopped talking, yeah, it was rude to cut people who talk.

"Mr Delaney my apologies on the behalf of Mrs Trent but your meeting doesn't need to be push back for one month. How about you guys come back tomorrow morning I'm sure Mrs Trent can meet with you before you left that is if you're interested." Perplexed the man looked at the bank assistant who just told him otherwise.

"Mrs Trent is NEVER here before at least ten." Calmly sending daggers at her behind a sweet smile she countered.

"Don't worry about that Miss. I will personally tell Mrs Trent the schedule for tomorrow. She is a business woman, she asked you to come because she wasn't God to plan on something she didn't knew. If you are not sure...how about she will give you a call later tonight to confirm."

Scrutinizing her attentively the man nodded his head at her holding his hand up for her to shake it, the man felt something different to be treat like another human being with all due respect not like all the idiots he had to meet only in the bank and in a dayly basic, was refreshing.

"We will do like that. Pass her my sincere hope for her problem to be solve. If you ever need a job I will take you anytime in my team I need to work with people who have it with them." Extracting something from the inside of his blazer he gave it to her, looking at it she saw it was a business card. Not saying a thing she put  it in her jeans pocket.

"That said, have a good evening." Without another word he left please by the way she reacted not impressed that the leader of the only international automobiles dealerships base in the country was talking to her, what a weird human being.

As they walked out of the assistant office, which was basically between the elevator and Mrs Trent one, Whitney pursed her lips and headed back in the white office not minding to wait on the one who walked with them. Everything was white in there, with only some touch of blue and gold. She felt good there.

After another solid hour of waiting the door finally opened to the women holding hands, in fact the expression on Trent face was one of pure adoration, even worship, her eyes hardly left the young woman who reflected her feeling.

Upon seeing that Whitney clapped her hands happily as she leaned back in her seat a sheepish smile on that didn't passed away unnoticed by the older woman who arched her eyebrows at that eyeing her.