15

All the Martins children witnessed the interaction from the small hallway that gave to the living room astonished by their mother's revelation it was a buzz for Carolyn who didn't know what to said anymore.

In fact she knew she was the one pushing the issue, she didn't knew but felt ashamed of thinking how she did as a psychologist she should have been cautious.

Looking at the young woman dumbfounded. For once she could see past the beautiful frail features that made her looked as a teen, she appeared mostly when you didn't look better as someone the age under twenty, it was like time had no effect on her. That was infuriating to say the least when she herself had to do drastic care to stay in good shape.

Getting out of her head she immediately took in her professional mode for something seemed off on her mother partner it was all written on the vibe she was producing, not knowing what it was, she had to squinted her eyes fixing her better.

Clearly she could see that something was off with Withney behavior, she pushed it away dismissively thoughts clouded by her implication in the matter, as the feeling of the woman hurting her mother was blinding her mind enough to stop her to see alarming signs she should have seen as a well known doctor.

Her childhood memories started flowing in her mind as she focused on her mother hurt face, she had promised herself to never let anybody make her cry again but miserably failed. Part of her being standing there hidden by the huge curtains that separated the two areas took her back to time when the woman taking the yelling was her mother.

Feeling something grabbed her waist she looked back only to see Miranda hiding her face in her back while Georges face seemed stone cold, Sheila and Kaden stood there frozen.

Lost in her own hurt her eyes blurred, her mind swallowed by anger and sadness, she tried to focused with no avail , not aware she was doing the only thing she promised herself to never do, scare the ones she loved, for they really were, she was scary when out of her...

Whitney couldn't even looked at her at that moment, avoiding her gaze was all she did, breathing heavily she turned her back to her to be met with the black from the outside apparently the lights wasn't working which raised her panic, she never like when it was black pitch.

Astonished by her turning her back to her, Addison shook her head laughing sarcastically her index finger on her own chest.

"I worked harder than my peers to get where I am today! I NEVER received or did something that could cause you to doubt my income! And you just throw your hands on me? I gave you a platinum credit card instead, guess again what? You never... I say never used a penny on it! Why?"

Seeing red, she screamed her frustration progressively approaching a shuddering Withney who stepped back as she was moving towards her untill she hit the table falling on it, she regained her stance practically running around the table her hands on her ears like a child refusing to hear the scream.

"Stop, Stop! Stooooppp! Stop screaming! Stop screaming! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it..."

Shaking violently she sat on the couch her hands still on her ears to block the screams of the now panicked woman that looked at her mouth wide open understanding what she just did while memories of her father pestering again her running brother came back in her mine.

Not understanding how she just did something that Whitney hate the most, putting her in the same state she was that night they took her brother from his abusive house to her condo.

Frozen, Addison didn't knew what to do, she felt bad, like shit looking around her for help she could believe what her anger pushed her to do, desperate she put her right hand in her hairs messing with them her other hand covering her mouth eyes widened.

In the meantime Whitney, sitting on the couch kept doing the same antic she had done in the condo to calm herself.

Moving back and forth shaking her head from side to side to stop the echoes in her head mumbling incomprehensible words trying to calm herself.

"Whitney? Honey what is going on? I'm sorry okay!? I really am. Look at me baby. Baby!? I..."

Moving towards the woman she tried to sit near her, but the way the young woman jolted out of her reach avoiding her touch as if she could contaminated her a disease hurt, like really. She never wanted to be the one causing the fear in her eyes.

In real all the young woman could see was the image of the man that called himself father all her childhood untill she could run away, the way he will belittle them as they were crap not caring about all the neighborhood hearing all of that.

Moving her head faster like it could erase the images, she ran toward the bookshelf placed behind the other couch stumbling she held its corner her breathing itching as if she couldn't get enough air to breath properly anymore.

Alarmed at the weird behavior Carolyn entered the room running to step in meeting her mother afraid gaze for the first time in her life she saw terror in the always blank orbs, even young with was going on she never saw that. It was frightening the way she seemed head over heels for the young woman, it was totally useless to fight that kind of link.

Nodding at each others, they cautiously walked towards the panicked young woman standing in front of the bookshelf in the corner of the room like an animal trapped.

Bending over she had a hand on her chest gripping it thigtly, her vision getting blurred, she managed to mumble in a low voice that they could still hear.

"I don't like it when people, screams. I... don't, I... don't..." Unable to hold longer as her grip on the shelf got lighter her knees gave up causing Addison to run faster, before her head met the ground she had her in her arms.

"Whitney! Baby?! Oh my God! Oh my God! Baby looked at me! No! No! Please keep you eyes open... for me baby."

Kneeling near them Carolyn met her mother panicked eyes making her a sign to lay her on the ground.

"Mum please, let me... You know I'm a doctor right?" Reluctantly Addison kneeled still holding Withney hand in her shaking ones.

Carolyn quickly put her hand to unhook her brat but there were none, then went to undo her Jeans put she was still breathing difficultly. Looking up she met her brother wide eyes.

"Kaden take my medical kit in my bedroom, I need to put her on oxygen!"

Doing as said he ran through the staircase, two minutes later he handed his sister the items that she put on the nervous woman who was back in her mother arms.

"Withney try to calm down please, no one is screaming anymore, you're safe. Breath in and out with me please."

Focusing her eyes on Carolyn's ones for a moment, all she could feel was how sincere she was, nodding her head weakly she rolled it after a moment in Addison arms trying to hide in her chest, the lights going directly in her eyes had her a bit nauseous for a moment.

Taking in what she was whiling to give older woman secured her in her arms forgetting her daughter wanted her to laid flat on the floor, she just did had the heart to refuse her something.