Chapter 12: Detention

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

--:;(;/-/(((::

Christmas break was almost over. I spent the rest of the break reading the books that Dumbledore got me for Christmas. Apparently, Purebloods with shifting abilities were considered higher rank than any purebloods. Also, wizards/witches with shifting abilities not only could shift from one world to the next, they can shift from one location to the next. This only happens when they are able to control their power on their own. Last information I read was that the shifting ability was connected to their life. If their shifting ability was taken, the person would die. I had to remind myself to be more careful. I read the sacred twenty eight book. I learned that there were twenty eight different pureblood families that were considered pure. I found that Malfoy and Ron came from families of the sacred twenty-eight. It was very interesting.

It was the next term and we found out a lot information. Turned out that Nicholas Flamel was an alchemist. He had connection to the Sorcerer's stone. Flamel had used it for many years to live a long life. According to Hermione, he was over 600 years old. We thought Professor Snape was after the stone. The four of us decided to go to Hagrid. We snuck out to his hut. He had an apron on. {Was he cooking something?} We confronted him. He defended Professor Snape. We heard a rattle. I sounded like a whisk hitting a metal bowl. It was coming from the fire place. Hagrid put his hands into the hot pot and took out what looked like and egg. {Good thing he had mittens on.} He set it on the table.

Harry asked Hagrid what it was. I could tell that Hagrid didn't want to answer him. Ron knew what it was. "I know what that is. But, Hagrid. How did you get one?" he asked. I turned to Hagrid. "I won it," he said. He explained to us that he got it at a pub. The person who gave him the egg seemed glad. The egg started to shake. I stood back. the shells went everywhere. I opened my eyes to find a baby dragon on the table. "Is that...a Dragon?" Hermione ask. "Its not just any dragon," Ron said. Ron knew the breed. Hagrid called him Norbert. Norbert spit fire into Hagrid's beard. Hagrid was able to put it out. Then he notice something at the window. I turned to find Malfoy. Malfoy notice us looking and Ran away. We quickly left and made our way back into our rooms.

Before we got to our rooms, Professor McGonagall stopped us and had us go to her office. Malfoy looked at me. I ignored him. I was mad at him. Professor McGonagall was disappointed in us. She had good reason too. She took 50 points from Griffyndor each. Also, all five of us would serve detention. Malfoy misunderstood. "Excuse me Professor, perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said, the five of us," he said. "You heard correct," she said.

We had detention with Hagrid in the Forbidden Forest. {I thought the forest was forbidden.} Hagrid told us that Norbert was taken away. I felt bad for him. We went into the woods. Hagrid told us that Unicorns were being killed for mysterious reasons. Hagrid had taken Hermione and Ron while I went with Harry and Malfoy. We took Hagrid's dog Fang with us.

We walked into the woods. "Just wait till my father hears about this," Malfoy said. Harry and Malfoy got into an argument about being scared. We heard a noise from behind us. I got really scared. "What was that?" I asked scared. "Did you hear that?" Malfoy asked. We looked around. We continued to walk. I walked between Malfoy and Harry. We walked for a while and Fang started to growl. "What is it Fang?" Harry asked. I saw something and pointed it. "What is that?" asked. They saw what I was pointing at. A cloaked figure was sucking something from the unicorn. Harry winced in pain and had his hand on his scar. Ron and Hermione told me the story about Harry being famous. The boy who lived. The cloaked figure saw us. I could see silver liquid come out of its mouth. {Unicorn blood?}

Malfoy screamed loud. Fang ran and Malfoy followed him. I felt my blood drained. I felt cold. I turned to Harry. I saw the cloaked figure coming towards us. We walked back. We both tripped on a root and scurry away from the thing. We heard hooves stomping on the ground. I saw what looked like a centaur. It scared the cloaked figure away. The cloaked figure disappeared in the mist. "Harry Potter, Sophia Taylor you must leave. You both are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for both of you" it said. {I am known in this world?} Harry wanted to know what the cloaked figure was. According to the centaur, The cloaked figure was Voldemort. He was drinking Unicorn blood to help himself live longer from near death. We figured that the Sorcerer's stone was what Voldemort was after. Hagrid found us.

We walked to our rooms. Malfoy walked next to me. "Are you alright?" he asked. "I'm fine," I said. "I thought I lost you," He said. "Nothing will happen to me," I said. {Anytime soon.} He smiled at me and I smiled back. "So...your not mad at me anymore?" he asked. "I think being afraid got me to forget the reason why I got mad at you," I said. He smirked. "Thats good," he said.

I went into my room and got dress for bed. I blew my candle and went to sleep.