Chapter 7: Why Being Nice To Me

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

--//:;;/-/;;

Professor Snape gave us an assignment to do for the rest of the class. I find potion very interesting. There were different kinds of potions. The only problem was that I wasn't too familiar with the ingredients and their properties. Malfoy saw me having trouble with the assignment. "You need help?" he asked. I look up at him. {Why is he being helpful? On top of that, why is he nice to me?} I thought about it for a minute. I nodded my head and Malfoy started to explain to me about the ingredients. I could see Professor Snape eyeing at us. When he saw people working together, he would yell at them to work by themselves. He didn't stop us from working together. I wondered why. {What kind of relationship does Malfoy and Professor Snape have?} I thought maybe because Professor Snape was the head of the Slytherin house.

Classed was dismissed and and I packed my bag. I made my way out of class to be stopped by Malfoy. "Can I walk you to your next class?" he asked. "Why are you being nice to me?" I asked him a question this time. I saw him smirk. I didn't like the look. "Because I want to be your friend," he said. {Once he knows my parents, he is not going to want to be my friend.} "I think it would be best that If we don't go near each other," I said. "Why?" he asked. "Um...well," I began to say until I heard a voice. "Hey Malfoy." I looked behind him and saw Crabbe and Goyle making their way over to us. Malfoy turned to them. Before Malfoy turned back to me, I ran away to my next class.

I ran into Ron and Harry on the way. "Hey whats wrong? You look like you were running away from something," Ron said. I looked at them. "I was running away from Malfoy. He gives me a bad feeling," I said to them. "Yeah me too," Harry said. I gave them a smile. "Can we see your timetable?" Harry asked. "Sure," I said. I grabbed my timetable from my bag and gave it to him. "We have the same classes," Ron said. "I know. I am suppose to have the same schedule as Gryffindor because Professor McGonagall is acting as my guardian and someone I report to," I explained. "Thats great," Ron said. I looked at the time. "We should get to our next class," I told them. They agreed and we ran to our next class.

For the rest of the day, I went to the library and did my homework. I finished my homework two hours later. I went around the castle. The castle had character. Professor McGonagall told me that muggles couldn't see the castle. The castle was filled with spells and enchantments to not only to protect the school, but the protect the teacher and students as well.

It was dinner time and I was hungry. I had roast beef, potatoes, peas, a piece of bread, and water. I looked at the Gryffindor's table. Harry and Ron saw me. I gave them a smile. I turned toward Slytherin. I saw Malfoy looking at me. I guess he was wondering why I ran away from him. I shook my head and continued to eat.

Dessert arrived and it was cupcakes. Now I would be critiquing if I ate them. I took a vanilla and a chocolate cupcake. I took my fork and cut them in half. I took a bit of the vanilla. It tasted ok but, I didn't get much vanilla flavor. I ate the chocolate. I felt the cake was dense. The chocolate frosting was gritty.

"What did you think of the cupcakes," I heard Dumbledore asked. I told him the problems. "If you like, would you like to see the recipes for the cupcakes?" he asked "Sure," I said. He told me he would send someone to my room with the cupcake recipes later.

After dessert, everyone was dismissed. I went to my room. Genevieve saw me. "Password," she said. "Tea cakes," I said. She opened. I walked in to see a book on my desk. I went to my desk to find the cupcake recipes. I looked through the book. I took a piece of parchment and started to make changes to the recipes. I even wrote recipes for other flavors like different color velvet cupcakes and holiday cupcakes. I wrote a note for myself to give the book back to Dumbledore tomorrow.

I opened my diary to write my day. I survived my first day. After fifteen minutes of writing, I went to take a shower. I saw bruises on my shoulders from the bumping earlier. I hope things would get better soon. After the shower, I went to bed.

{What will tomorrow hold for me.}

----//:;;(()));:/

Check out my new story

Healing Pureblood a Draco Malfoy love story.