Chapter 1: Can You Feel The Magic

Hi everyone. I just got someone wanting a chapter up. Here it is. This is a preview of the story. please leave comments and vote. This will let me know if people want to read this story. I will officially start this story if many people comment and vote. Happy reading.

----///:/--:;;;//--

I was stunned at what I saw. We continued to walk through the alley. I saw a store with brooms. I saw a shop that sold owls and other furry creatures. I even saw a place where they sold jars with weird things in them. {What is this world?} We found ourselves in front of a building that looked like a bank. {This is something normal.} I was wrong. Inside, there were ugly looking things. "These are goblins. Be careful and stay close," she said to me quietly. I walked close to her until we made our way to the main desk. The goblin appeared to be very busy. The goblin notice us below. He put the quill down and spoke. "How may I help you," it said. "I need to make a withdrawl," she said. She gave her key to the goblin.

We made our way to a mine cart. A goblin was there. {How many are there?} It was scary. We finally got to her vault. The goblin put the key in and the door opened. Inside there were gold, silver, and bronze coins. Minerva took some coins and put them in a bag. {Money?} She tied her bag and came out of the vault. The goblin closed the vault and we went to the cart. We road back up to the main floor. There was so much that I didn't understand. I wondered why I was involved in this.

We exited the bank and went to a store. "Olivanders Wand," it said. We went inside. I was filled with little boxes. An elderly man came out. "Hello there Professor McGonagall. How may I help you," he said. {She is a teacher? I guess I should call her Professor from now on. } "Hello Olivander. She needs a want," I heard her say. I looked at her confused. {Huh? Me?} Olivander looked at me. He gave me a smile. "Yes, I have been expecting you young lady," he said. I foze in place. {Who is he? Why was he expecting me?} IHe took out a box and opened it in front of me. "11 inches long, Cherrywood, unicorn hair core," he said. I hesitantly took the wand from the box. {Now what?} I looked at him. "Give it a flick,' he said. I flicked the wand and a vase broke. "Nope," he said. "Sorry," I said. "Its all right. It happens every time," he said. That made me feel better ...a bit. He took the wand back and went to get another one. I saw Professor McGonagall watching me closely. Olivander took another box. "9 and a half inches, Redwood, dragon heartstring," he said. I took it from the box and flicked it. "A chair exploded into different pieces. "Defiantly not that one," he said and took the wand from me.

We tried twenty different wants and I learned the different woods and cores that they had. Also, I broke a lot of things in the room. It was interesting actually. Olivander came back with another box. I hope this is the last one. I worried that i was going to burn the place down. "10 inches long made of Silver Lime wood and Phoenix feather core," he said. I saw the wand closely. I had a very interesting design that I thought was interesting. The wand was metallic grey with designs of feathers. The handle looked like wings and it was silver. I held the wand. It glowed. It felt right. "It has chosen you my dear," he said. I nodded my head. Professor McGonagall paid for the wand. We left his shop and shopped for other things. I was now carrying a barn owl that I named Tempest. "Um...may I ask you something," I said. Professor McGonagall stopped and look towards me. "Why are you buying things for me?" I asked. "Everything will be explained my dear," she said.

After we shopped throughout Diagon Alley, we went back inside the Leaky Cauldron. We walked to the room that I stayed and dropped everything at a nearby table. I carefully put Tempest on the nightstand next to my bed. She didn't seem to mind about my presence. Before I said anything, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Professor McGonagall said. The door opened and came in a elderly man. He had greyish white hair and beard. His clothes were unusual. "Hello Professor McGonagall. I hope she wasn't any trouble," he said. He looked at me. "No trouble at all. In fact, she was very nice and amusing," she said. {What was that suppose to mean?} I looked at the elderly man. "I should introduce myself. I am Albus Dumbledore. Headmaster of Hogwarts of witchcraft and wizardry. You are Sophia Yuna Taylor correct?" he asked. I was shocked. {He knew who I am?} I nodded my head slowly. "My dear...you are very gifted and observant. You are a strong witch with abilities that no one else has," he said. "I'm a witch!" I said out loud. "Yes. You came here through your magic ability," he said. "What magic ability," I asked. "I should tell you. You are not just only a witch. You are a shifter. You could shift from one world to the next," he explained.

I was getting dizzy. This was way too much. I went to my bed and sat down. "I know this is a lot to handle. But, it will get better over time. I asked Professor McGonagall to help you around and gather things for school," he said. "I'm need to go to school?" I asked. "Yes to control your powers," he said. "But what about my parents" What about," Dumbledore lift his hand up to cut me off. "Don't worry. They will be fine. Don't worry about that now. Right now, you need to get ready for school," Dumbledore said. Professor McGonagall was going to take care of me until school started. School started in a few days. She said that school always started on September 1st. I guess it was August right now. I sighed. Professor McGonagall left me to settle down. I went to get the history book. I grabbed the book and went on my bed. I opened the book and started to read.

{Why is this happen to me?}