Chapter 9: Halloween

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

--//:;(($$$)(;:/

It was October and things were going well. I wondered if my parents even miss me. I tried to send a letter to them, but I always got the letter back. I didn't think owls could fly that far. Since the flying incident, I avoided Malfoy more. I felt that he would be a bad influence on me. Even though I was avoiding him, I couldn't stop looking at him. I could see in his eyes that he was sorry. He would mouth me things, but I just ignored. Harry and Ron told me about their run in with a three headed dog with Hermione. I didn't know what to think.

It was time for Charms Class. I went to sit in my seat. I heard foot steps. I turned my head to find Malfoy taking his seat next to me. I turned my head back looking at the front of the class. Professor Flitwick was going to show us how to make things fly. He asked us to get a feather from the front of the desk. I was about to stand up to get a feather until Draco stopped me. "I will get one for you," he said. I sat back down in my seat. He came back with two feathers. He gave me a purple feather. "Thank you," I said in a quiet voice.

Everyone had a feather on their table. One of the wizard's rudimentary skills is levitation. Or the ability to make objects fly. Do you have your feathers. Good. Now don't forget the nice wrist movement that we've been practicing. Swish and flick, everyone" he demonstrated. "Swish and flick," we copied. "Good. now enunciate, Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then," Professor Flitwich said. Everyone was trying the spell. They either said the spell wrong or did their wrist movement wrong. Malfoy looked at me. "Try," he said. I looked at my feather. "Wingardium Leviosa." I knew I did the wrist movement right. My feather flew. Hermione got her's to fly too. "Well done. See here everyone Miss Taylor and Miss Granger done it. Splendid. Well don dear." He said. Malfoy smiled at me. "Good job," he said. I nodded at him. I saw a flash of light. I saw Finnigan has charred his feather. At the end of class, I walked with Ron and Harry out of class. Ron was making fun of Hermione. Hermione heard and ran off. I felt bad for her.

It was Halloween. I didn't know that they celebrated the holiday in Great Britain, but I guess they did. Dumbledore prepared a feast. There was so much candy. I helped myself to some food. I saw Malfoy looking at me again. I gotten used to his stares. I turned my head to the Gryffindor table. Hermione wasn't in her seat. I began to worry. {Where was she?}

I ate my dinner quickly and ran off to find Hermione. I bumped into Professor Quirell. He didn't stop to say sorry and ran off. He looked scared out of his mind. I shook my head and continued to find Hermione. I found her in the girl's bathroom. She had been crying. I walked close the bathroom stall that she stayed in. "Are you alright?" I asked. "No," she said. "Whats wrong? Is it what Ron said?" I asked. She didn't say anything. "Look, I don't think he meant it. I don't think you were trying to show off even though to me it looked like you were with that mask of yours" I said. She didn't say anything again. "I feel that you didn't want to be left behind because of your blood status. You are a muggle-born correct?" I asked. I asked the question because usually those who were muggle-born weren't exposed to magic when they were born. "Yes," said. "Don't worry, your not the only one, to a certain extent," I said honestly. I had to learn about the wizard world really quickly. Hermione probably had more time to learn about it than me.

Hermione came out of the stall. "You are a muggle-born?" she asked. "To a certain extent. I will tell you at another time. Come on, we should get to the Great Hall," I said. She wiped her tears. We started to smell something fowl. {What is that smell?} We heard a groan. We looked up to sea a troll in the bathroom. {How did THAT get in here?}. It was about to swing at us. I pushed Hermione in the stall and closed the door behind me. It swing its stick. I ducked down with Hermione and It broke the stalls. I heard doors open. Hermione and I were trying to get out of the rubble. "Hermione, Sophia move!" we heard. {Harry?} Harry and Ron tried to distract the troll. "HEY, PEA BRAIN," Ron yelled. "Hermione moved to under the sink. The troll saw her and swung its stick down at her. Hermione moved and didn't get it. I stood up and took my wand out. Before I could say a spell, the troll swung the stick at me. I was hit with a lot of force. The force was so strong that it threw me to the wall. Everything hurt. "Sophia!"

I opened my eyes a bit. I saw Harry distracting the troll. Harry was being hanged upside down while the troll swung at him. Harry manage to dodge the wings. "Ron, do something," harry said in desperation. "What?" Ron said not knowing what to do. "Anything. Hurry up." Harry said. "Swish and flick," Hermione instructed. "Wingarium Leviosa," Ron said. The stick floated above the troll's head. The stick dropped on the troop's head. The troll let go of Harry. The troll was knocked out. Hermione and Harry ran up to me. "Are you ok?" I heard Harry ask. "Harry her head!" I heard Hermione said. I must be bleeding a lot. I couldn't speak. Everything hurt so bad. I was getting dizzy and my vision was becoming blurry. "I heard Professor McGonagall voice. "Oh my goodness!!!"

I blacked out.